• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drugz and lan???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

i was wondering if ne1 else experiences this, but everytime i go to a computer lan, there is weed there. I like to smoke a lot, but it just seems like EVERY lan we play for about 10 minutes and then smoke, play for 10 minutes, and then go to bed. Is ne1 else like this? It just seems like we always have weed at lans. The other day 1hq-goose (1hitter quiter caleague.com counter-strike undefeated main), came by and the 1st thing he asked was when we were gonna bust out the weed. I dunno if this is the right forum for this, but im just kinda curious if lan and drugs go hand in hand everywhere, or if its just my friends

Sounds like you want to get some new friends........

I know folks that like a quiet toke or two, and that's fine - but it sounds like your LAN parties are just a bit out of hand there......

Personally, I don't touch the stuff (better things to spend my money on - like life, for instance)

I've never seen a lan party with things like that. Its probably the people you are lanning with.

I've never seen anything like that and I even smoke MJ now and then. If they are taking that many breaks to get high somethings wrong. And if they're crashing out early because of it, too, that's a real bummer. I could see a couple of guys sneaking a quick break a couple of times during the event, but every 10 minutes? Where do you live.. in Humboldt county or something..? :)

It's your friends. Computers and drugs don't mix (unless you have one of those cool Winamp visualization plug-ins, in which case :D )

I've been to a couple of LANs. Only small ones. Though there was weed there, the center of focus was still on the gaming. From about 8pm to 8am, there were 2 weed breaks and one munchie break. Over that 12 hour period, about 11 hours were spent on computers. THAT is what you are supposed to do at a lan.

So, yeah. It's your friends, not the lan party.

Never seen people take drugs on a LAN-party before and I hope to keep it that way.

There where quite a few people who looked like they where addicted to Coca Cola though :)

In the Netherlands weed is legal to have, to a certain number of grams ofcourse. Just enough for your self, or so they say anyways.
So if it is a normal thing I guess I would have seen it by now.
And I haven't so it must be just your friends

hmm, isn't smoking weed something you wouldn't want to do at a lan? your reflexes would suffer, you won't be able to think clear enough to hunt down a sniper/camper.... just doesn't seem logical :eh?:

when i lan all i need is a case of mountain dew and i'm set until morning :D

john240sx said:
hmm, isn't smoking weed something you wouldn't want to do at a lan? your reflexes would suffer, you won't be able to think clear enough to hunt down a sniper/camper.... just doesn't seem logical :eh?:

that would be my exact thinking also.

i dont promote drug use but most times i dont consider weed a drug.but the law says it is so it is.
anyhow weed or even alchohol are never mixed when im playing or working on my pc.never!
i did that once and lets just say i woke up the next day and it took me 3 days to fix the stuff i messed up.

ive never been to a lan but it sounds fun.id need to pop an air cooler on my cpu as my frifgerator with my h20 in it isnt protable :D

anyhow these things dont mix at with me.id say screw the games im going on a beer run and you guys dont break my rig while im away.but right then my game playing would be over.

john240sx said:

I can play much, much better after smoking. It allows me to concentrate and my reflexes seem quicker. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Does a LAN party really have anything to do with game playing skill? I thought it was all about having fun. Here is a little example:

online games: fun
LAN party: funner
LAN party while drunk: funest

So I'm guessing LAN party while stoned would be funestest, right?

I can play much, much better after smoking. It allows me to concentrate and my reflexes seem quicker. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe you just think thats whats happening.

LAN party while drunk: funest

I hear the best one is where you are so drunk you don't even remember what you did for the last week. Most fun lan party should be where you are so drunk you are passed out in the gutter the whole time, right?

deathstar13 said:
that would be my exact thinking also.

i dont promote drug use but most times i dont consider weed a drug.but the law says it is so it is.

um.. your sig? ;)

i have only been to two lans both wth the same group of people and it was a a private school so there really wasnt anything- not cuz of the pople but the locatioin, but stilll that sounds like a smoke weed party not a LAN party...

i doubt your reflexes are quyicker, just seem so- thats why people drive slow when they are high...

XWRed1 said:

Maybe you just think thats whats happening.

Come on. I still know what is going on. And my frag count doesn't lie. Unless I just think I'm seeing that too.

daaaaaaaaaamn, smokin a jibber every 10 minutes?? jeez!!! we blaze it up when me and my buds LAN, but not every 10 minutes....maybe once or twice over a 12 hour period. MJ isnt necessary at a LAN, but it makes everybody happy, well those i LAN with anyway.

Movax said:

Come on. I still know what is going on. And my frag count doesn't lie. Unless I just think I'm seeing that too.
You probly are. or everyone else sucks. But i guess you could be the exception to all of the scientifc research ever done....:rolleyes:

Heh....I guess it is the people you hang out with

There was a time when all I'd do was get 5-6 people in my apartment, play counter strike, smoke pot and drink. Don't get me wrong, it was a good time. We'd cook up burgers and steaks on the grill, drink corona/heiniken, get stoned and drunk, eat junk food and play counter strike until 3am. We'd get out and goto the bars an stuff....but most of the time, we'd just play CS at my apartment.

I haven't done that in so long and none of the people I goto LAN parties with smoke pot (at least not that I'm aware).

I'm not saying pot is right or wrong, but there's a lot of worse things. And I know that it's a gateway drug but so is alcohol and no one seems to care about that. And personally, I've done a lot of really really really stupid stuff while I was drunk but have never really done anything really stupid while stoned.

But it's just like anything, moderation is the key. Too much of anything is bad for you.

but that's just my $0.02

-D9K

Back