• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discovering what a CPU is capable of....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeLoS

I understand theres websites that can find out the exact week etc etc that a specific CPU was made, you can simply enter some numbers from on the CPU if i remember correctly....

Can anybody offer a link and the info on where exactly to look on the CPU for these numbers??? PLEASE!!! :D

TIA

I am new to this as well, but it's actually pretty easy to tell on an AMD CPU what date it was made. Simply look for a date of 02** or 03**. The first two letters are the year (2002 or 2003), and the two numbers after that are the week of that year it was made.

For example, I just today got my 1700+, and the model is a JIUHB0313RPMW, so it was made during the 13th week of 2003.

I'm sure there was a site you could enter these types of numbers into and get a made date and info on what that model will clock to. I had the link but forgot to back-up my favorites with the last format. :(

Yeah so do i find what a cpu for that year and week is capable of now?... i need a website that lists this info!,.... please :D

Check out www.amd.com

They have a read-me file there that explains what every letter and number on the proc means, that way you can decipher what you got there.

Hope this helps you out.

TeLoS said:
Yeah so do i find what a cpu for that year and week is capable of now?... i need a website that lists this info!,.... please :D
Dude that information was bogus (I am assuming you mean the site which shows what the cpu was "downgraded from"). The information related to the Laser ID marker for the cpu and had nothing to do with the cpu's potential.

I think you may want to just look at the CPU database for overclockers.com. it's on the home page up in the top right corner with some other links. I hope that's what you've been trying to find.

Flexy

Back