• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know I'm excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe, this is sweet. Lots of people play in my dorms on the x-box lan. I can join x-box games like Quake II from my computer, hopefully i can do the same with Halo.

Well they are taking their sweet time porting this one for the pc...so I hope it ends up being super.

Can't wait to try out some co-op play.

h/o,, in the 1st/4th screeny.. is he...holding....a .... rail driver? Doesnt look like any weapon Ive seen the chief carrying :)

TheFrag said:
h/o,, in the 1st/4th screeny.. is he...holding....a .... rail driver? Doesnt look like any weapon Ive seen the chief carrying :)

Yup, it looks like they added some stuff, and the graphics look much better than the XBOX's :(. I like the one where he has the cloak and has the sniper rifle.

Will there be anything new? YES. The game will ship with full multiplayer supported over the Internet, with all the modes that were included with Halo on the Xbox, as well as a few new options. Gearbox has also created six new multiplayer maps, including a few that take advantage of another new feature: the Banshee fighter can now be used in multiplayer, as can a new plasma weapon (previously only used by the Covenant in the single-player campaign) and a modified Warthog with a missile launcher in the rear. (Check our separate feature: Halo: Multiplayer Evolved for the scoop on all the new multiplayer features.)

Good god of all that is Jesus.

TheFrag said:
a new plasma weapon (previously only used by the Covenant in the single-player campaign)

I always wanted to pick up that gun. Looks like they are doing everything right and not changing game play, just improving on small things.

ThePerfectCore said:
Please, God, don't let it be another GTA3...

Whoa, back the gripe truck up there. What was wrong with GTA3-PC? I mean, aside form the HORRENDOUS IDIOTIC method of having the play cd serve all the different audio sources (20 different environment sounds, footsteps, + radio) all at once?

InThrees said:

Whoa, back the gripe truck up there. What was wrong with GTA3-PC? I mean, aside form the HORRENDOUS IDIOTIC method of having the play cd serve all the different audio sources (20 different environment sounds, footsteps, + radio) all at once?

I think it only worked on half the computers it was installed on.

Last edited:
InThrees said:

It was a terribly buggy port, that recieved little to no attension from Rockstar. I hope Halo isn't like that, but I don't think it will be. If the original production company (Bungie Entertainment) has anything to do w/ it, it pro'lly won't be buggy :)

Back