• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H (consol ver.) running off another PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Well I had installed EMII and love it. Well now its doing something wierd. When it boots (I have it in startup) it will also start the F@H consol version off one of my other folding rigs. So basically my PC is running 2 versions of F@H @ once. I noticed it seems to work and boost the speed on the other rig. My little VIA 800MHz C3 was reported as running 1min a frame and was runing 9 on the same protien before I booted. I even looked @ the consol that was running in my start menu and it was running off my little VIA server.

Is this possible? Since I shutdown the consol version on my pc that was running off the VIA, that systems times went back to 9min. This has got me confused. EMII works fine since all my other rigs are reporting correctly..

look in the options for EM3 there is a place to check mark the local FAH.exe. Uncheck the lan box. It is running from your main rig which is why oit is faster but it will get in the way of the client on your main rig unless you changed the machine ID.Good luck:D

So this does work? If so how would I go about setting it so my PIII733 and the 800 VIA fold together for better times? I did this unintentionally the 1st time. Thanks.

You wont get better times. It is running it off your main box. which cuts the time off of the client that is already running on your main box. You only want the local client to be checked as local in EM3 Please do not check clients that are not local.:D If you want tto run two clients on your main rig just create a new folder and download a new client rename it so it is different from the first and start it. make sure you make the machine ID's different for the clients on your local rig.

Back