• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Stable AMD Duallie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiGmA_X

Okay, a new client just asked me to price and then make them a duallie for graphics work. They are not in the least bit interested in OC'ing, but just stability.

They need AGP (It's a graphics workstation) and sound would be nice, makes it so they don't need a card. I would really like to buy from NewEgg because they have a great RMA policy :)

Please reply ASAP!

I have yet to be dissapointed with the Tyan Tiger MPs but you're limited on the 2460 model for which cpus you can use. The MSI has onboard sound and I've had mine running for 3 weeks straight with no problems either. FYI the Tyan never locked up once!!! During 6 months of use.

I agree with what Kaltag said in terms of the Tyan motherboards. I've own one (Thunder k7x), and it is rock solid. Generally, if you are looking for a solid board, look to tyan. There are more suited to server applications, so i don't think any of there boards have sound on them.

In my opinion, the MSI or Asus are the best choice, even if you don't overclock them. They are both very fast and have tweaks that up their performance. Tyan's boards are stable, but not fast. You can't even run CAS 2.0 on them and that, alone, makes a huge difference in overall system speed.

I've got two Asus MPXs and an MSI...my vote would go to the Asus boards. Had them for nearly a year and a half and never a problem.

The sound on them has been problematic due to bad drivers but, to my knowledge, this has been fixed (as far as I know, once again).

Jon said:
I've got two Asus MPXs and an MSI...my vote would go to the Asus boards. Had them for nearly a year and a half and never a problem.

The sound on them has been problematic due to bad drivers but, to my knowledge, this has been fixed (as far as I know, once again).

I can second that, had mine for over a year now. Make sure you don't use the ms drivers for the sound. Get the ones from c-media, or use the ones on the Asus CD-ROM

I would say MPX2 but not avail any more, so I'll have to say the gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+.
It has been running as a server non stop since I got it a month ago, I did want the MPX2 but there were none left.
It has raid, sound and a intel server ethernet adapter on board and comes with all the cables and was cheaper than the MPX2.
It doesn't have the overclocking of the MPX2 but you didn't need that so no loss.
It seems to be as compatible as the MPX2 was.
I tried the GA-7DPXDW with the HD with Xp from the MPX2 and it worked just like it was the same mainboard, with a raid and intel lan added.

Blah, blah everyone has their favorite boards, and reasons for liking them. I say choose the one with the features you want, and you pretty much can't go wrong with any of the boards.

Back