• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a newbie question, more like a sujestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy666

whitch cooler should I buy for my 8rda+ 2100+ w/ a bit overclock.
Im now with 2Gz I was wondering if I buy a Volcano 7 or something else.
btw I dont have any other cooler I my mobo. no fans at nb or sb.

so should I buy that volcano 7 or there is a better one with lower prices?

thks

I will buy myself a volcano 6.

and keep my mobo witht no cooler.

Yep, AX-7 is the way to go.

With a 30CFM fan you will get nice temps under 35 mostly.

If your talking about the 6cu, I wouldn't recommend it. There was a post here a few days ago saying that the copper was just a plating. Someone was lapping their sink and they sanded the copper right off!

Ben721 said:
Yep, AX-7 is the way to go.

With a 30CFM fan you will get nice temps under 35 mostly.

i'd like to see :eek:
i've got a slk-800 with a 92mm tornado and it just barely can get to 35c on idle

Agreed with split. I have an SLK800 with a 68CFM Delta fan, and at stock speed for my 1700, the idle temp is like 37C.

I would recommend you against buying the volcano 7. I had one on my p4-b 2.4ghz, and the temps (not overclocked) were really bad, idling around 44°C, & load at 53°C (with AS III), however, some people report good temps, and some people bad.

I think either the AX-7 or the slk800

Rezin777 said:
If your talking about the 6cu, I wouldn't recommend it. There was a post here a few days ago saying that the copper was just a plating. Someone was lapping their sink and they sanded the copper right off!

Not so true, and I have lapped the hell out of the copper cylinder at the bottom of my sink and it is pretty solid. I modified mine a little (added another fan, as in, addition to the one already on it, put it on the side), and I get about 40°C idle. However, I would not suggest purchasing it if you haven't already, there are other, better options out there that are cheaper, and quieter..

-Frank

Back