• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low +12 Reading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I just got a new Sparkle 350w power supply, which I had heard in the past had a low +12 bar, but no one ever seems to have any problem with it. Mine is at 11.40 which without a doubt worries me, so I was wondering if anyone out there had the same power supply, and if so if you have this problem. If so, do you know if something is wrong, or if it is just a reading error? Thanks!

One thing I don't think I made clear is that those readings are from the motherboard monitoring program that came with my MSI motherboard. I am not sure how reliable these readings are, but if you know how reliable they are, please let me know! I am worried about how low it is, but I don't know if I should be worried or not. Thanks

try it with a multimeter...
is it showing the same low numbers on the BIOS?

stress test your PC, if its stable and if the fans speed dont flactuate up/down then it should be fine...

I have done the stress tests and that came out fine, so I am not too worried about it. I just have heard that this problem is pretty common so I thought I would check around. I am just worried about the overclockability of it because that is really why I stepped up from my no name 550w power supply.

irish80122 said:
I just have heard that this problem is pretty common so I thought I would check around.

Somebody else has your motherboard, power supply and load? Start checking by putting a voltmeter on it and you will finish checking at the same time. Your particlular hardware examples and situation are required to answer the question accurately, and you are the only one that has access to them. Measure the voltage, then tell us what the deal is rather than asking what it is.

It's about 1000 times more likely that your software program or motherboard sensors are crap than there is actually anything wrong with the output of the supply. If you want to know exactly what the truth is, measure it.

Back