• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus probe accuracy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikeonatrike

Im running my new 1700xp at 2145 1.525 vcore with stock amd aluminum cooler that came with my tbird. Im getting 36load prime95 torture test.

I rly think it should be higher but im not sure. Bios says 45 c....should i trust asus probe?

oh btw insocket thermister is how the a7n8x records temps rite?

EDIT: i should add that its 22c in my room

Last edited:
I hear this question asked over and over. No piece of software installs sensors on the motherboard when you install it. All they can do is report (or mis-report) the same data that is being displayed in the BIOS. Hopefully the manufacturer of the board has managed to make the BIOS faithfully represent whatever data that sensor reads, and there is a whole lot less to go wrong than doing the same through software.

It's rather like asking, "Whiich is more accurate, the gas guage in my car or a passenger with bad eyes in the back seat reading the gas guage in my car?"

Last edited:
Ahhh, thank u Roadkill, i kinda figured at much, seeing how simply pointing a 90mm fan at teh cpu drops temps by 7C according to asus probe.

And i do apologize for asking a question thats been asked before, i supose i coulda searched. Sorry for my laziness:rolleyes:

Back