• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit VP6? Support Celerons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

I may have a chance to grab this board, So I was wondering if it would run 2 500mhz PPGA Celerons? I know the FC-PPGA celerons and up dont support SMP....But i couldnt find any info of it supporting Celerons....

I don't remember 100% for sure, but i believe it only supported FCPGA Coppermine Pentiums.

Abit BP6 was made for the PPGA Cellies.

I had that board a year or so ago. I am 99% sure it doesn't take Celerons. Thats why I bought 1ghz PIII's I think.

you could probably find some old PIII's cheap no?

Pretty sure it doesn't support dual PPGA celerons. The only socket 370 boards I know of that supported dual Celeron PPGA's were the Abit BP6 and the MSI 694D(?). And MSI only supported it in the first version of that board.

The VP6 does not support Mendicino Celerons read their manual http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/vp6/manual.php

MSI did build a board that supported both Copermine's and Mendicino celerons. Though I say why bother at this point with Celeron's or the socket 370 platform? If you want a cheap dullie go for a dual P-Pro, or an Abit BP6 with dual celerons I see them going on e-bay for less than $60. I used to own a BP6 it was a decent if buggy board. The MPS 1.4 implementation never worked well as well as their onboard ATA/66 controller never worked.

Back