• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 1300 Mhz problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ponte

I have a Dell 1500SC Tualatin motherboard and 2 Intel Celeron 1300 Mhz.

The problem is that the motherboard runs in 133 Mhz fbs, and the cpu´s in 100Mhz. So when i try to start it up, it wont boot, the screen isnt even starting.

Is there any way to make the cpu´s to run in 133 Mhz, or the motherboard in 100 Mhz? I havent been able to find any jumpers on the board, and I have no manual to it.

I'd check Dell's website. You can probably find information specific to your model computer using the service tag number that's on a sticker on the case somewhere. Do the Tualatin Celeron's even work in SMP? I've never heard a definitive answer to that.

1st, do you want to run in dual mode?

if so....you must use the p3-s tualatin chips with 512 kb cache...1.13ghz, 1.26ghz or 1.4ghz versions....

if not...you should probably get 1.0 or 1.1ghz versions of the celeron tualatins because they will do 133 fsb without voltage increases...

or you might be able to do the vid-pin mod on the sockets to get more voltage on the 1.3 (see the sticky in the INTEL section)---but i still doubt it will hit 133 fsb---too fast for the average tualatin celeron

Okey, dell's website wont give me any help, been there lots of times.
I´ll try to modify the cpu, cuting off the BSEL1 pin should make the cpu to run in 133 Mhz. Hopfully that will work, otherwhise I´ll have to buy 2 new cpu's

Okey, dell's website wont give me any help, been there lots of times.
I´ll try to modify the cpu, cuting off the BSEL1 pin should make the cpu to run in 133 Mhz. Hopfully that will work, otherwhise I´ll have to buy 2 new cpu's

you might not want to mod the cpu...since if it doesn't work then you won't be able to sell them...

instead of modifying the chip...you can modify the socket...that way you can sell the chips when they don't hit 133 fsb...

also...you can use celeron tualatins on a dual board---but only one cpu will work...celerons can NOT work in dual configuration...

cover the pins with phone wiring i was trying to do dual celeron ts too but i just gave it up(cause u have to find out what pin is what then u can mod it to work in dual hard to do plus it is almost impossible all the ppl have tryed and gave up too the celerons running at 550 mhz is different stroy intel did not pernamently remove dual in those celerons and down ) since i got a p3 cpu and only need 1 more, i heard that sum japanese guy got dual celeron ts to work but had alot of problems

Only Celeron PPGA and Slot-1 processors work in SMP. Celeron FCPGA(coppermine) & FCPGA2(tualatin) do not. The PPGA only went up to 533MHz while the Slot-1 went up to 433MHz.

I have made som research abt this, and i fonud out that it should be possible to use one of the cpus in single mode, to use dual I´ll have to use the pentium 3 processors with 133 FBS and 512kb cache.

But, to make the cpu boot in 133 fbs, I´ll have to increase the voltage.
I´ll try to find the datasheet to this cpu, unless anyone of you can tell me what pins to wrap?

I really doubt your going to get a 1.3GHZ Celeron to run at 13x133 that would be 1.733GHZ which is a pretty high overclock for the Tualatin's. Its pretty rare to hit that speed without a ton of voltage, and a really good heatsink. Plus your trying to do this on a dullie board I assume, and most dullie boards do not make great over clocking boards.

BTW only the medicino celerons (533 was the last) will work in SMP. The Tualatin celerons will not work in SMP, and the 256K L2 cache Tualatin PIII's do not work in SMP. The only Tualatin's that work in SMP are the 512K L2 cache chips. Your celerons will not work.

I used to run dual celeron medicino's in an abit BP6, and no one has come up with a trick that allows Tualatins to work.

I'd really suggest just getting a refurbed AMD board + 2 XP1700+'s and you'll spend less for that then trying to fork over the $$$$ for intels Tulie 512's Plus you'll get better performance from AMD's chips.

Ok, but before i buy a new cpu I´ll at least try to overclock it.

Now, another question, as I said I have 2 Celeron 1300 Tualatin, one of them is called SL5ZJ, the other one SL6JT, with one of them should be best to clock?

Ok, but before i buy a new cpu I´ll at least try to overclock it.

Now, another question, as I said I have 2 Celeron 1300 Tualatin, one of them is called SL5ZJ, the other one SL6JT, with one of them should be best to clock?

you never know unless you try them both....but if i were you i would get 1.4 or 1.26 p3's or the cheapest 1.13 p3's on ebay and then sell your celeron tualatins on ebay....that way you can take advantage of your dual motherboard...

you can get two 1.13's for just a little more than the price of your cel tualatins on ebay...or you can pay $120 a piece for the 1.26's or $165 a piece for the 1.4's...

if your shooting for 1.73 I'd say you'll need at least 1.7 to probably 1.75V's to even attempt it. According to the CPU database most 1.3 Celeron's overclock to the 1.6ghz range

I havent tryed to overclock the cpu´s yet, but I will :)

1.75V's you say.. I found the datasheet for the cpu's, and as far as i can see its the #VID 0-3 pins i have to modify, but i cant figure out what pins that's already connected to the VSS pin. Mabye someone else can give me a clue?

(I´m currently bidding @ 2 P3 1.13 Mhz 512kb chache at Ebay!)

first, i wouldn't go past 1.7 volts with the tualatins....(some people have but i wouldn't...see posts on SNDS)

there is a sticky about vid pin mods

Back