• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enheim 1046/1048 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the mod helped to reduce the noise, but it's still not completely not silent. Yes, I have bubbles in my circuit and I ran out of ideas to get rid of them (shaking the rad, put a piece of blue filter into the innovatek res, let the res open) nothing.

That's not the safest mod I'm afraid. I tried that on couple of submersive pumps and they all had troubles starting or stopped after a while and where not moving water while the engine was heating. And for that reason I do not recommend doing the above :rolleyes:

thats weird the bubbles aren't coming out. I'm using a T line and the bubbles cleared out just fine. How long have you been running your system.

if that teflon gets loose in there you could ruin your pump. i wouldn't risk it, my 1250 gives off a lil vibration i can feel through my desk, but no noise.

J.

That's just locking the impeller to the rotor, much like the ViaAqua and the MaxiJet mod. You can use a good waterproof glue to get the same result, with less danger involved.

By the way, the impeller is made that way because as a fountain pump or aquarium pump (which they are intended) can get solids up the tubing...this helps keep the impeller from crashing and breaking.
As a watercooling pump, I should hope you'd have no solids in your tubing ;) .

I'd agree that the tape isn't a great idea. If it tangles and stops that rotor, you can have a meltdown.

I just pushed the power switch yesterday with the W/C all set up after a 24hours leak test outside the case. So far so good, although now you guys freaked me out with this tape tangling stories :( .
Although I don't really see how it will happen as the rotor is totally covering the tape. Anyway. I applied this on my 1046 which I use only for watercooling my 9800Pro in a secondary W/C circuit with single rad. So I hope if there is anything going wrong with the pump, I will see artifacts on the screen before the GPU actually melts down.
I have another 1048 on the primary W/C circuit with dual rad dedicated to the CPU cooling without this tape mod as it's working fine. So far I got 30-31 degrees celcius on my P4C 3.0Ghz FSB800 (idle). So bubble doesn't seem to be an issue. I wonder if what I see inside the pipes can come from this Innovatek water additive. It's kinda 'soapy' when I have some on my hands.

Geeez That translation is a laugh and a half :)

"In most cases loud pumps are to be due however to a badly aired out system!"

"Also a renewed careful exhaust of the entire water circulation did not bring remedy."

Positively flatulent :p

Back