• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalTake SubZero4G ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeonFrog

I'm running a 3.06 P4 and the stock heatsink/fan is not doing the job. (78 degrees celcius running SETI) Has anyone tried the ThermalTake SubZero4G? The way my motherboard is designed I can't have a heatsink/fan be very big. Thanks everyone..

I'm sure the SubZero will get you well under 78c (although I think your processor would be dead right now if those temps were true). The subzero is actually a peltier, so I'm not sure if you should be concerned about condensation, but I think they designed it well enough that you shouldn't have to worry.

Also, make sure you have an extra PCI, as the heatsink requires one to run off AC power (with the included PCI card AC to DC converter).

NeonFrog said:
I'm running a 3.06 P4 and the stock heatsink/fan is not doing the job. (78 degrees celcius running SETI) Has anyone tried the ThermalTake SubZero4G? The way my motherboard is designed I can't have a heatsink/fan be very big. Thanks everyone..

Yikes, that is not good. From the reviews I have read, it the SubZero4G will run about as cold as your best hs fan combo, but not any colder. Search for reviews, but that is what I think I remember.

darn hot..

The subzero suffers with not condensation what so ever
and would be ideal.

The reason for this is it cools the die to the case temp, hence no condensation.

As for people harping on that it aint as good as a normal heatsink combo, well it was never designed to better it.

The reason for the subzero is good cooling and SILENCE (almost)

No Screeming fans you see...

Tis all temp sensing and works a treat.

Most people comments in here are from reviews and not 1st hand experience, my info is from a user.

Just the facts

my 50p's worth..

So overall was it money well spent in your oppinion? I have thought about getting one, but never all that seriously. What are your temps looking like, and where were they before you installed it, if you know? Thanks.

Money well spent..

Erm yes it will be... cuz i aint bought it yet..

But ihave spoken to a user at great length about it.

He also has other peltier setups and w/c rigs..

He's now looing to mod the subzero for the purpose you all it THINK it was originaly designed for... Overclocking..

Tt subzero=not worth it

What, use like a 20watt TEC?

hello?

tt?

you there? listening to consumer demands?

or just spending more megabucks on flashy advertising?

hello?

tt?

:rolleyes:

it's a 70w TEC and it's enough to cool a XP3400+ to ambient temps. not bad for an almost silent cooling product.

V8gent . . . agreed
hey CV have u actually ever used anything of Tt's? The SubZero4G isnt the best peltier system out there (duh), however it does do what is promised, which is offer an ambient temp, silent, and condensation/water-free system. Not everyone has the money for our expensive WC systems, or peltier systems. Tt is good for novices starting to learn more about their PC.

Kyle

ThermalTake SubZero4G not worth the money, considering the mediocre performance it gives. Either buy SLK800,900 or go for water cooling.

Hey, although I believe its kinda a stupid product, it can spit good temps because it uses a pelter. Check out 3dgameman.com 's video review on it. Should help allot.

Back