• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with the wireless pci card....help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oppajer

hi guys, i just got my wireless pci card from linksys (wmp11). installed it and everything but the card wouldn't see my access point. i know my access point is working because the wireless pcmcia card on my laptop is working. well i got frustrated and called tech support on this and he said there is an irq problem. i have never dealt with changing irq assignments, can anyone help me out? there were no irq conflicts showing up in the device mangers. hope someone can help me out on this. thanks

ok, take your wireless NIC out and switch it tro a different PCI slot, if you dont have a free slot just trade it slots with something else, if it's an IRQ problem that should fix it.

oh ; / well I'm not to sure about how to change an IRq, but it will be in the mother board bios settings. So just check around there untill you find the NIC's IRQ and change it, usually NIC's irq's are 10. you can check by going to, my computer "rick click and goto properties", then click on the hardware tab, click on the device manager button, expand the network adapters, right click on the NIC and goto properties, click the resources tab and you'll see something like below "mine"

irq10.PNG

Back