Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

My first watercooling Project

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-16-03, 06:16 AM Thread Starter   #1
TA03

My first watercooling Project

I am going to build my first watercooling system. I want to watercool ma cpu first and afterwards my geforce,chipset etc. I desided to use the eheim 1250 waterpump. Do you believe it is the right decision or i must choose a smaller pump like the eheim 1048 or 1046? Also i plan to construct the waterblocks myself using copper blocks and metal epoxy instead of the stuff that plumbers use. You think metal epoxy is ok or sooner or later i will have leaks ? Thank you in advance!!!
TA03 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-30-03, 11:26 AM   #2
DodgeViper

The Ehiem 1250 is a great choice. It's quiet and reliable pump and will fill your needs.
DodgeViper is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-30-03, 08:22 PM   #3
Shroomer
member with no avatar

Metal epoxy works, but I wouldn't trust it for really long term applications (over 1 year). I doubt that it would leak, but it's hard to say.
Shroomer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-30-03, 08:43 PM   #4
mmcshmi11

Unless you have a very hot GPU and a really good video card, I wouldn't cool it with water. It will make the cooling performance on the CPU even worse. Just my thoughts.. lol
mmcshmi11 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-30-03, 09:18 PM   #5
Toysrme

Metal Epoxy. Like JB Weld?

Sure... We never see high enough temps to un set epoxy. Epoxy is brittle by nature, but unless you go dropping the thing on the floor or banging some nails down with your block, what diferance will that make?

The only thing I'll tell you is be sure you don't use too much!!!

When you vice it together it'll squeeze it all into the channels, and ya don't want that now mon!

And no... Epoxy won't leak if you don't drop it and crack it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...isc/Avatar.jpg
Toysrme is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-04-03, 04:20 AM Thread Starter   #6
TA03

thanks for the replies!
first of all i plan to drill a copper block in order to pass the water inside the block,i dont plan to open a large hole in a block and afterwards cover it with another one(sorry for my english if my syntax and vocabulary are not good). i want to cover the drilling holes with epoxy instead of putting screws because i dont want to buy more tools(money saving!) because my mother,father,girlfriend will start all the blah blah useless blah blah save the money blah blah buy some clothes (my girlfriend) and many more.
if i use the thing that plumbers use (silver...something?) is it easy to cover these holes? my water cooling project is a long term project!
Old 06-11-03, 03:37 AM Thread Starter   #7
TA03

Come on guys! Please help me!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop