• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you do? burn the music file as mp3 or wav

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have heard that OGG is one of the best ways to encode, I haven't ripped anything recently so I can't vouch for that.

As for downloading songs, I assume you mean like the free samples that some artists offer on their websites. ;) Anyway you can't increase the quality of a song once it has been ripped from the original. Well I mean you could change its bit rate but if you increased it there is a good chance it would actually sound worse.

MP3 and OGG, however good they are, are lossy formats. You can't make them sound better by recompressing them at a higher bitrate etc, 'cause you won't get back the sound sacrificed when they were originally encoded

wanker, lol. That word always cracks me up.

CheeseMan you can't convert it to ogg from mp3 without loosing quality. What you need is the original cd, then your all set.

Mastametz what is in your avatar?

Back