• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a bit of advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K_King

Ok guys I'm just starting to dive into OCing. Well as luck would have it I "had" to buy a new cheap CPU to replace the 2100 I had to RMA. Well it so happened that I acquired a T-Bred B 2000+, the lowest Fry's had. Well little did I know, I forgot I could run higher FSB with this chip unlike my Pally 2100. Ok so right now after I've seen how high I could go and what not, I am at 190 FSB and at 2 Ghz with my SLK900U, AS3, and 8RDA+. (190x10.5) at 1.75 volts. Now how can I check its stability? I am about to go to work, should I just stick Prime95 on and see what happens? With the window open at my apartmen here in San Diego, the case is at 30° and the CPU is at 36° idle. I went through 3DMark 2003 with no problems, other than my score isn't as high as I want it hehe. I have heard of people using Tribes, which I don't have. I have Sandra, should I just run it through that? Any advice would help, thanks guys.

Get Prime95 and choose stress testing in the morning before you go to work and when you come back check if prime recieved any errors or if the system crashed and if it's still running smooth check your temps and if you are happy with them then congratulations you got yourself an overclock. If you want to be absolutely sure you can keep running prime for 12 or even 24 hours.

Ok thanks for the response. What would you say the max voltage would be for a 24/7 OC?

just had a random reboot though during stress test, upped it to 1.775

Back