• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vice City Performance!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcortz_2000

Well aside from the ovious texture lagging which everyone knows about I have been getting very good performance so far.

I used FRAPS and can run 4x Ani and 16 AF and it averages between 45-55 riding around and jumps sometimes over 75 depending on what I am doing...
And this is on 1600x1200 @ 32Bbit .... :)

:D

It's nice to know that the coders at Rockstar finally managed to consult a proctologist about their heads being up their asses. They must've realized that "Hey! It compiles! Ship it!" is not a good way to do business.

They just released a patch for ATI cards that have the texture lagging. I'd be interested to see if that fixes that problem, since its driving me mad in the first GTA3.

-Rav

I have found that adjusting to Win98 compatibility mode totally eliminates texture lagging.

As well, this game really benefits from overclocked processors. I noticed an increase in framerate proportional to my overclock!!

For those having texture problems, try turning the Frame Limiter on/off. I've heard that helps.

I'm very impressed w/ the performance of this game. It looks and plays great, much better than GTA3 :)

Back