• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti 4200 overclocking..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

hey everyone,
I was wondering if overclocking my ti 4200 is possible with the motherboard I have now.. I have a dell, and the motherboard is an Intel D815EEA vAAA10383-405. If it is possible, is the fan that it came with sufficient for overclocking or do I need to purchase one? If so, which is the best fan to use and where can I get it? thanks.

That's easy man.
Just take the stock cooler off and put the new one on.

It looks great.

HS1.jpg

how easy is it to take off though? and is it worth it cuz if I overclock my card will this cool it better?

Joshh100 said:
how easy is it to take off though? and is it worth it cuz if I overclock my card will this cool it better?

They are pretty easy to take off. They are usually just stuck on there with plastic pushpins. You can use needlenose pliers or tweezers to pinch them back through the holes. And yes it is very much worth it to OC the card.

Although sometimes you don't even need to upgrade the cooling. My ti4200 still has stock cooling and it overclocked from 250 core/446 mem to 315 core/580 mem.

Not to threadjack or anything but

Dumpa, you are running that TT fan off the card itself? I just recently purchased the TT setup for my 4400ti and am wondering if i can do the same thing without worry of burning things out.

AMD Phreak said:
Not to threadjack or anything but

Dumpa, you are running that TT fan off the card itself? I just recently purchased the TT setup for my 4400ti and am wondering if i can do the same thing without worry of burning things out.

thats what it's made for...

I was running a Asus 4200ti (v9280/td not the turbo) with the TT heatsink in dumpa's pic & i got it up to 310/610 without artifacting then i added a 80mm blowhole in the door & got to 320/622 , Happy Hunting.

dang you guys getting 320 with that little copper thingy....I hope I can get 330! (core speed) :)

what cards are you guys using?

Back