• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm i Wonder Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kewlj1313

Registered
Hey guys im jus tryin to get an accurate reading here on my cpu but whats weird is im not sure which temp gauge is wut! I used dis proggy that came wit my mobo its called winbond hardware doctor it has two temperature guages System and CPU! But when i use hotcpu to max out my cpu they go from
System: 37C
Cpu:32C
TO
System:45C
Cpu:41C

I am just wondering which is my actual cpu temp know wut i mean :-/ lemme know thX!!!

Last edited:
well check out MBM5 and try all the sensors, see if you get different temps besides just zero (thats whats returned if there isnt a sensor). if you have more than 2 (one for system and one for CPU) than your BIOS are readong from a different tempature sensor than the ohter program... if thats not it i dont really know.

Do i need to be lookin at the cpu core temp or the cpu surface temp when talking about overal health of my cpu when overclocking like how they say 85C is death is that surface or core? lemme know!! thx!! K-J

Last edited:
dont know.. but usualy the core temp is a lot hotter, some boards read that and hav ethe diode in the sockte... if you DO have 2 sets of temps than one is probably from the die and the other socket.

just dont let it get over 60C either way an dyou are fine, maybe 65C

Back