• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racerxfactor

i'm kinda new so i haven't gotten very anywhere as far as "successfully" overclocking my pc. so far i've tried the cheepos and honeyx bios. right now i'm running honeyx. i tried setting the fsb to 138/138. my cpu will run fine but my video card would crap out.

again i'm new and could use ALOT of help. thanks in advance to the readers

need mroe specs, what cpu r u using? motherboard? brand and model, cpu stepping, ram, the mroe the better.

thought it'll be in my signature,

AMD 2200+ Tbred K7S5A pro Geforce 4 MX440se ddr 120g Maxtor 7200rpm 1g 2700 ddr RAM

is that a tbred a or b? either one u should be able to get it at 2ghz no problemtry 166x12.5, try it at default voltage and if its stable then good, if nto just up volatge till its stable, when u up it to about 1.85 (althought it shouldnt even be that much) and its still unstable then lower the fsb or clock speed (try clock speed 1st)

what allows you to up the voltage? i've looked all around in the bios and haven't seen anything. the chip is a tbred and i've tried 166/166. when i do that my windows loading screen will load then it'll just go black. i'm guessing it's the video card and if it is would hope there's a way around it.

You would be best served posing this in the ECS motherboard section, but have you tried running at 150 fsb? It should change the pci divider to 5 and therefore run your video card at 60 mhz underclocking it. I'd give it a shot although there's a 50/50 chance at that fsb your chipset can't handle it.

Mike

That doesn't soud to me like your video card is crapping out. SOunds like the chip is simply unstable at that speed. Is honeyx a third-party overclocking utility? If it is I suppose it is probably crap like the rest of them, and you should delete it and change things via BIOS.

cheepo was doing ok when i changed the fsb to 166 but after the windows loading page it just went black

Back