• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Athlon MP 2400+ Power supply recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dbbrock1

Hi,

I just spent the money on most of the parts for my dual mp 2400+ system. The only thing I can't decide on is the power supply. I will not be overclocking anything on this machine, there will only be a cd rom drive, 2 gigs of ram, 1 40 gb hard drive. The mobo I have is a msi. The main issue I'm having is finding a power supply that will fit in a 2u rack mount case. If any of you could suggest a brand of PS, or even link me to a site I can buy it off of, I would be very greatful.

Thanks,
Dan

Well started off and was gonna suggest a nice Antec PSU of pretty much anything over the TruePower 430 variety... but the rackmount threw me...
No clue there, sure someone will be able to help yea out soon. Welcome to the Forums.

IFMU

I found a 2u case which can fit a standard ps2. I was looking into the antec 450, which does look like it will fit in the case. Any other suggestions?

Well if you can fit a normal PSU then I would suggest any of the Antecs over the 430. Cant say for other brands, never really tried any. Antec has always done me right and powered everything Ive thrown at 'em.

These might be what your looking for. I did a lot of research about rackmount parts a while ago, but now I found a place that takes mid tower cases for colo. At least it might be helpful to you.

Basically what everyone said. I would go with something with a little more power than what you need. You never know when you might have to add another HD or something in the mix. As for sites to buy stuff off of, I recommend directron.com newegg.com and googlegear.com.
plently of people here have bought stuff off their sites, and havent had problems.

Boy if 400 is a minimum recomended for a dual setup im hurtin for power. But just goes to show antecs can kick arse.

350 Watt powering this:
dual 2000+ MP
MSI - K7D
CDROM
Floppy
1 40GB 7200 RPM HDD
1 120GB 7200 RPM HDD
2 Case fans
GF 4 Ti4600
SB Live 5.1
and 2 HS fans.

Without any power issues.(knock on wood)

Xtc4u said:
Boy if 400 is a minimum recomended for a dual setup im hurtin for power. But just goes to show antecs can kick arse.

350 Watt powering this:
dual 2000+ MP
MSI - K7D
CDROM
Floppy
1 40GB 7200 RPM HDD
1 120GB 7200 RPM HDD
2 Case fans
GF 4 Ti4600
SB Live 5.1
and 2 HS fans.

Without any power issues.(knock on wood)

You are lucky...

right now i have the following running off of the enermax 465 (430 watts i think)
tyan MPX s2466n
dual MP 2100
1> scsi DVD player(toshiba)
1> 40x Plextor CD-rw (scsi black)
5> IBM Fast/Wide, SCA-2 (80pin) scsi 18.2 gig HDS (raid 5)
1> Asus GF4 ti 4200
4> 90mm enermax Fans @ 7volts
2> stock AMD MP heat sinks
i hope this helps :D

I think most 2U cases mount a normal PSU, but i think they are mounted upsidedown or some thing like that.

If it will hold the standrd style supply go to comp usa and get there 500 watt or bigger power supply..Price is perfect on these and that are made by FMI . I have run these suppplies at 100% load for months and months and have not had any failures at all ...

Enermax 430, running dual mp 2400's , Radeon AIW 8500 128, Pioneer DVD-r, LG DVD drive, CD-rw drive, nexus baybus usb and fan controller. 80 gig 7200 hd, Iwill MPX2. 3 case fans, 2 sunon cpu fans. All smooth as silk. :D

Back