• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grainy Hauppauge Tuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToledoSteel

I have a WinTV Haupauge tuner that I bought a couple years ago. Thing is the picture quality is really grainy and overall very poor. It was never great, even when it was new. Is this the card or the signal going to the card? I would buy a new tuner card if they have a better picture quality than they used to. Also increasing the screen size of the window just increases the problem.

my hauppauge wintv go that I bought a couple of years ago gives great picture, if you realize what you're looking at. If you are getting any kind of snow or double imaging, then its a signal strength / reception problem.

You have to keep in mind, that if you're running 800X600, thats about double the resolution of what tv transmits at. So yes, it does look a little "grainy". Unless you fork over the dough for a high def tv card, and have digital cable or the proper satellite, then its not going to look nearly as crisp as anything that you'd normally see on the computer. If you want it to look nice and crisp, running the tv taking about 1/4 of the screen. :)

Back