• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my OC crap? or average?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hmm i manage to get my xp1700+ on 200x11.5 stable, i was just wondering if this is a average OC, or should i be aiming higher?

my rig is in my sig everything should be below.

temp is 52C full load

That is definatley not a crap oc...very average, but I'm sure with some better cooling you could do a lot better.

It depends on your perspective of average. I conside an average overclock for the 1700's to be in the 2.2-2.4 range. There are a lot of them that high, but maybe only 5% of the users have them above 2.5Ghz. I think that if you were to get a fan that was pushing upwards of 50CFM for that SLK800, you could hit 2.5.

2.5 GHz is above
2.1 GHz is below

Or at least that's how I always looked at it, where true average falls in-between I don't know, and is more of a matter of opinion that anything.

I'm running at 2325 MHz with a similar chip, although my temps are higher (bad cooling)

Get a Vantec tornado or Delta 80cfm fan and you'll see an increase in your o/c.

i cant, the noise lvl is already too high even with this fan :/ any1 know a fan that has higher CFM then my current one? but of the same/less noise lvl??

You could get a Tornado, and 5v mod it. Go over the Alternative Modding forum, and search for how to do it there. This will decrese the CFM, but not a great deal, and reduce the noise.

will the noise be lower or same to my current one? cuz i really cant bare anything even a lil higher then this :(

yeah but i think this board measures high anyway, 5-10C if im not mistaken, i just can't be bother to upgrade the bios

also when i touch the heatsink it doesnt feel hot at all, nothing near 50C, its just a lil warm, around 40 i rekon at full load

what about a Tt smart fan II, i got a **** load of them in my box, 5 of them total, all pumping full speed. Let me tell you its a very loud machine but gets it done, i need to get a slk 800 tho, i only got a volcano, slk would help alot, what would you say??

(how good do the bolt on slk 800's work? sound like thye would work great, better for ppl who are taking it in and out, it would have a better connection to your cpu, wouldnt it?)

You may just want to make sure that your heatsink is seated properly, and that your AS3 is applied neatly. You'd be surprised by how much a reapplication of thermal compound can reduce temps by, but other than that, everything seems good. My friend has the same proc, and it takes him 1.825 to get to 2.4, and 1.875 to get to 2.5. With an SLK-800, 2.4 should be quite safe, but 2.5 will probably yield in very high temps.

yea, i use artic silver like you said too, hmm you think i need to see if i can get it on there PERFECTO? lol, i was planing on geting a slk 800 soon with the bolt on, then you can really get it seated good, heh

altec said:
Mine at 2.5 runs at close to 60C full load...I think it was 58C to be exact... :eek:

omg man, is that safe? when i got mine up to 2.4ghz it toped 60C and i just turned off my computer :p dont want it melting on me...

Hi Arnoldma

Can you tell me what your score is in 3DMARK 2001 because i'm planning to buy an ati 9700 too.

I have the same board an cpu like you at 2,3 gig :)

Tnx mate

15-16k on 3dmark2001, 4.7k on 3dmark03, 280-290 fps on quake 3, i've done lots mroe bench marks if u want mroe details let me know.

Cool

Nice results :)

I think i will get one too

The socres are at default settings as showen in you're profile?

Tnx for the info

Grtz

Back