• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Ok this is gonna sound as dumb as a tree on acid... but hey.

I currently have a SbLive! 5.1 DE, would I notice much difference between that an going up to a Audigy, or would I be better off to save my $$ and go for an audigy 2 ?

Audigy DE = 167$
Audigy2 Sound Card = 267$

im not even gonna say how much the platinum and EX etc are... well over $350

but yeah... any thoughts ?

You should notice a vast improvement in audio quality.

HOWEVER,

even the "best" soundcard cannot compensate for subpar speakers. I hope you have something decent for speakers, or else the difference is hardly worth the extra money.

Hrmm.. well i don't actually use speakers with my sound card.. although I could invest in a decent set I guess.. at the moment i am just using headphones cause I can't see the point in speakers cause I tend to LAN alot....

So if the audio quality is that much better it probly would be wise to upgrade, but which is worth getting either the audigy 2 or the audigy ?

And is there much difference in the quality of the Audigy or the Audigy 2

The questions is.. Does newegg ship to new zealand ?

don't forget my currency sucks man.. so i dunno if it will be worth it after paying for the card, shipping, customs
D:

for instance.. from newegg a 2.66 p4 costs about 195... and in NZ they cost about 500

Well then, if you're using headphones, getting the Audigy is probably not worth it. Since you're going to be using the headphone output from the Audigy, the differences in improvement are negligable. You're probably better off investing in a headphones amp instead, that is if you decide to use headphones for a long time.

Well if the audigy's sound is really top notch, i will invest it a decent set of speakers

Since you use headphones I don´t think you should buy anything. You just seem to have too much money.

Go buy some descent Hifi equipment instead.

timmyqwest said:
what currency are you refering to...i got my audigy 2 platinum for 150 that was four months ago

Referring to NZ currency

Originally posted by Jokkmokk
Since you use headphones I don´t think you should buy anything. You just seem to have too much money.

Go buy some descent Hifi equipment instead.

I don't want to buy hi fi equipment, i was enquiring whether or not it was worth upgrading my sound card.. and no.. i don't have too much money.. thats the sux thing about being a student.. you have severely limited money.

But apparently its not worth it.. so ill just stay.

Back