• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7 1.2 Mounting SLK 900U thermalright

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BTTHR

Registered
I've seen on thermalrights site that the 900-U needs modified stand offs to work right with the NF7 1.2 board but the site doesn't seem to say where to buy or how to mod the standoffs to fit the board properly?
Anyone have any insight into if this a problem and if so then how best to mod my standd offs so they fit right?
Thnx

Well i have both, and they seemed to fix AOK. have you actually tryed to mount it?

if you do just make sure when u tighten the blots on the mobo, that None is touching any caps or resitiors. Should be fine if you do it carefully. if not buy a dremel and gring the sides down that are by the caps so theres no contact, in fact as i right this i remembered that i did have to cut a plastic washer liek a C. i cut a lil part so the bolt would rasie above the resistor and mount fine.

im really tired, so i hope you understand :)

Thanx for the info

Thanx both of you for the advice.
It turns out that I did e-mail them regarding this and they will be shipping the modified stand offs to me for free!!!
Sweet!:D
unfortunately I have to wait before I build my rig but they did right by me and plan on shipping them.
Thermalright ROCKS!

Back