• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will 133 PC ram work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be careful though. If your system is running at 100MHZ, it may not be able to recognize the newer high density memory modules correctly, and may only see half of the memory. For example, I had a newer stick of 256MB PC133 memory that worked fine on my new(er) Abit VH6T Tualatin based Celeron system, but only showed up as 128MB on my ASUS P3B-F based server.

durrem

durrem said:
Be careful though. If your system is running at 100MHZ, it may not be able to recognize the newer high density memory modules correctly, and may only see half of the memory.

That only applies if this RAM is high density. If it's double sided (low density) RAM it will almost certainly work just fine

single sided ram meaning only has chips on one side of the stick is considered high density.

just because the fsb is 100 doesnt mean the memory is 100 also. My kid has an asus a7v with 100 bus and memory speed choice of 100 or 133(or more by overclocking)

Back