• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which order for 3 rads ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

hopefully will complete my WC system shortly and then be able to concentrate more on silence. I will be getting a whitewater and a dtek heatercore and i will also have x2 Black ice micro II's (each span x2 80mm fans).

Before anyone suggests, i know that the BIMicro 2's may not be necessary (and people think that they will make for an inefficient system) but they fill the spaces in my case nicely i want to run low fans on all rads so just the heatercore wont cool everything IMO. They certaiinly wont do any harm either and the one i have at the moment has alreday dropped temps considerably just running in series.

I was thinking:

res->eheim1250->Y splitter

->dtek heatercore
->1st BIMicro II

-> Y splitter-> cpu -> gpu -> 2nd BIMicro II -> HD coolers ->NB block -> res

i plan to use 1/2 tygon tubing all round but with converters at the BIMicros (which have 3/8 barbs)

any comments ? I might take the res out and just have a T arrangement at the top of the case.. would it matter where that went, it would be most convenient if it was placed before the hard drives.

Your flow rate will be very small! I would be surprised if you get over 30GPH with all that and the 1250. Time to bust out the MD-20RZT!

Yes, an Iwaki. Not cheap but performance never is. The Z series is high head low flow which is what you want. The MD-20RZT or the MD-30RZT would power that setup nicely.

nikhsub1,

thanks, im not sure if you can get them in the UK

are they noisy ?

if they are then theres no way. The 1250 is completely silent once decoupled.

The whitewater will still be better than anything else at low flow rates so although i wont be maximising its possibilities, i'll still should be way below my current temps with my Maxexpert and Innovatek block.

Everyything is a balance between noise and cooling. If silence wasn't an issue, hell, I would just put a jetski engine on teh back of the Lian-Li ...

The Iwakis are not loud, but they have more of a presence. If you are really concerned about noise, you might want to think about running 2 loops... perhaps the 1250 cooling the CPU, NB and GPU and have a separate loop for everything else. All this would require is another pump, but a 1048 should suffice for the rest of the components.

Back