• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which heatsink??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[M0F0]

Registered
hi guyz

i'm looking @ getting me a better heatsink currently running a volcano 9

i was planning on getting a SLK900 but with my board i would have to bend some capacitors quite badly and i'm not too fond of doing that

so i'm looking @ a SK6 or a volcano 11

just wondering if u guys could help me with my choice

currently running a Xp 2000+ on a A7N8X-Deluxe

cheers

I had used Thermaltake heatsinks for some 3 years, but now I would like to say - better stay away from them, there a lot of heatsinks in the same price range that will perform better with less noise, for example: GlacialTech Igloo 2500, Vantec Aeroflow, Thermalright SK7 with some decent fan and so on.

Yep, sk7 is a nice HS.
But a bit lapping was necessary. It's not so smooth like an Alpha.

i've just been reading about the SLK800U apparently it will fit

but i now face the problem of finding someone who supplies them in new zealand

so far i can only get a SLK900U or a SK6 rev2

://

The SK6+ is a good cooler but it takes a 60mm fan. I've got the SLK-800 clipped to my board and recommend it; hope you can find it.

I would definitely favor the sk7 over the sk6 or sk6+. It will be better on your ears to get something that accepts an 80mm fan. Or get a more standard 60mm HS (i.e., one that uses screws rather than Thermalright clips) and get a 60mm->80mm fan adapter. I've used that combination with very good results.

-- Paul

Back