• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need the combined knowledge of the OC forums.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jonny 2x4

I really need help on getting this HP LaserJet 2100 to print in dots. This is the printer we use for our school newspaper and since I am going to be one of the managing editors next year I want it to look good. Printing how it is now, it looks like crap because the ink runs and it globs and everything. If it is possible for you guys to give me a link or lend me your knowledge of how to do this I will be forever greatful.

My teacher and the rest of next years staff really wants this done because we want this to be the best high school paper in the schools history. If you can help me, please do.

P.S. I do not have any admin powers but my teacher does, so If I can find out what to do, I can get her account to do it with.

Nevermind. I figured it out, now I just need admin preferances. I also need to make sure they've downloaded the latest drivers for the printers.

Sounds like you need to pull the ink cartridges out and clean that bad boy completely up. Then reinstall the ink cartridges, realign the print heads, and test it.

Yup. You especially want to check that printer since it's a chool printer. I bet it's never been cleaned.

Back