• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case size advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikoto

Registered
I am buying a new case. Basically I need a regular case (i.e. not cube server) that is as big as they come. I couldn't care less about steel v. alluminum and all that. In fact, I would rather steel as I don't want to pay through the nose for Al just to chop it all to hell;). Price is not the primary concern though, so suggest away. I'd like to cap it at around $150 if possible, but that is flexible. Looks are a secondary concern too, though I would rather nice than ugly if given the choice.

Any ideas?

thanks

Thanks, that looks good. I'd like a little more room above the PSU but that one is alot larger than my current case. I could even probably close the side panel on that one:D

sandman001 is right. Directron has a large selection
A little more room above the PSU? Here is a dirt cheap option for 49.00
Full tower

Thank you.

I really like the looks of that "hydraulic" full tower. Perhaps the best thing is that I only live like 25min. from directron. So no shipping:D

I think I have some really good ideas now. Thanks again.

This is a really nice Antec case http://www.directron.com/sonata.html I built a box the other day using one...Put two 120m/m Pansonic Panflo's in it...So it is quiet and looks good...Even the power supply is good...Has the removable filter...I was impressed...:D...I live a mile from directron...Nice to be able to go there and get things without having to order and wait on shipping...:D...The full tower Cheiftech's are great cases...If you want big they are hard to beat...I like the Lian-Li's also...kind of pricey...especially compared to the Chieftech's...

Mikoto said:
Thank you.
Perhaps the best thing is that I only live like 25min. from directron. So no shipping:D

i don't live that far from them either, i go there when ever i need something and i don't have to wait 1 week from like newegg

you guys might not know this but directron has refurbs, well sometimes if ur lucky, i don't think they sell them online, i got lucky a couple of times and got great deals

The case I got had all the drive rails and hardware. It was a little different than the case shown, it had a fan in the side cover. Also there was one case cooling fan and front USB ports. Both fans were clear plastic with 4pin connectors. I think this is a good buy. Also for $10 more you can get a case with a window in the side cover.

Good grief Hookem....those are some sick cases (big AND ugly):D
hehe, I can't seem to find a better value than the Chieftech dragon/matrix series. The Lian Li pc-7x are nearly as big but MUCH more expensive. The Antec cases are wide but not tall enough. ~$66 for a big *** (470D x 205W x 670H or 18.49" x 8.07" x 26.36" incl feet), ok looking case seems to be pretty tough to beat. If there is a bigger one for a reasonable price I wanna know tho ;)

I don't want a PSU with it because I'm gonna spend some serious jack and get a PC Power and Cooling 510. I need that cause I've ordered 2 12VDC pumps to run in series in there (http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=2-1235&catname=water). Gonna get a fuse and maybe a big cap(?).

I just don't buy the whole aluminum case thing, especially as I'm gonna chop it. Probably mostly ruin it too as it will be my first heavily modified case.:eek:

Thanks for all the replies, they have been of help to me.

Yeah they have some ugly cases...I believe Silverstram turned me on to this site and somewhere they have a black aluminum 11 5.25 external bay case for 95.00 bones that looks alot like a Lian-Li...HUGE case...and it aint ugly...Would have gotten one but no way I could fill 11 5.25 inch bays...Guess I will go look around till I find it...Be back with some details...;)

Back