• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lotsa little bubbles in my bayres

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiliconX

Kinda wierd. My past 3 or 4 water system configs, my bayres always had a single large bubble on the top of it that barely moved.

But this latest config(which nets the best temps), the top of my BayRes is full of tons of tiny bubbles instead of the big one. It looks alot cooler, and none of the bubbles seem to be going into the suction line, but just curious why? The water is crystal clear(slightly pink due to the WW) and not frothy at all

I had the same thing. I think it is due to the amount of watter wetter you are using. I flushed out my system (not because of the bubbles in the rez...) & refilled using a little less Zerex this time & I'm back to one bubble. I've heard if you use too much coolant you can get bubbles through the whole system, so that's what led me to surmize it was the coolant. I wouldn't worry about it if it's not in the lines, maybe just use a little less at the next flush (whenever that is).

--Pete

Well I did add a bit more WW to this solution, but still didn't exceed the recommended ratio. I thought that might be it, but genrally when you add something oily like that, it gets frothy, and mine hasn't had an ounce of froth.

Right we were not excedding the recommended ratio, and we saw no "frothing" or problems in the lines. Everything is fine. It's just my guess that change from one big bubble to a bunch of little ones is due to the ratio of coolant. Especially since at the last flush I used a little less and havent seen the "tiny bubbles" return to the rez... In fact, maybe I should add a little more as you said you were getting better temps... But I'm getting the same temps as before; I must be right under the "bubble ratio"...

Perhaps our rez can be a ratio indicator?

--Pete

Back