• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to cut this into my case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMan0234

I want to put this image on the side of my case
gasmask-300-inverse.gif

I would like to cut it into my case rather then paint it on, but I dont know what I should cut out. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I worked something out in Photoshop to where you could cut it out but unfortunately I cannot upload it until I get to the house in a couple of hours. Ill post it up then.

the only thing I can think of as far as cutting it would cause problems is the circle surounding it. Like if you cut all the way around, then you have a hole in your case. Understand? You'ld have to make it a stencil of sorts, so it's still connected to the case some how by small "arms".

I can whip up something but not at work here, if when I get home pixel doesnt have anything for ya ill post it here..

Here is what I would do.

I'm envisioning the white areas to be clear or see-through.

Cut out the main hole in the side of the case. Then take the part you cut out and trim it down to size and use a Dremel or something to make the design.

Or have someone make the internal mask out of aluminum (black part is metal.

Then cut a piece of Lexan to fit the large circle in the side of your case then glue the mask to the Lexan.

Otherwise, the only other option I can think of, is to get some dark car window tint and cut the shape out and attach it to a clear window on the side.

Hope that gives ya some ideas.

Wiseass said:
the only thing I can think of as far as cutting it would cause problems is the circle surounding it. Like if you cut all the way around, then you have a hole in your case. Understand? You'ld have to make it a stencil of sorts, so it's still connected to the case some how by small "arms".

I can whip up something but not at work here, if when I get home pixel doesnt have anything for ya ill post it here..

Thats pretty much what I did. Made tabs on areas so it was still connected at points around the design.

why not have like the black circle be the outside of like the non-smoking signs, then have another diagonal line going through the whole thing.

like the non-smoking signs.

wow, pixel, thanks, thats exactly wht i was looking for, thanks alot! That should look great on my case.

why dont you just cut it exactly like you drew it at first, (im seein the black parts as not there) then put all teh cut out pieces and put them on the plexi behind the hole. that way it would look just the way you wanted it with no extra little bars

yeah what pixel did was exactly what I was talking about. Although I'm thinking the idea of mounting it to a clear plexi/lexan sheet would look good too. THen you could backlight it.

I dunno either way I think it'll be cool

You could have cut out the white parts in the mask and engrave the rest. Or you could have cut out the mask, do tinting where the white parts are supposed to be on the mask, and engrave the outer circle.

I wonder how you would go about gluing it up. Ive got 5 min epoxy, but trying to keep it neat and not smear it on the window when your trying to place it would be a pain. You could get some really cool details and fine line work though doing it that way. Might be worth a shot just to see what it would look like. Ive got a small window in the back panel of my case im working on now. Might just see how that would look.

Aw man I was just on this flash website and I was tricked into watching one of those right-in-the-middle-of-absolutely-nothing-a-scary-face-pops-up movies ... f**kin movie ... just wanted to say those faces gimme a chill, lol.

Locks awesome though. My reccomendation on how to cut it ........ uh ....... try a jig saw, scroll saw, hand saw ... whatever, just don't try a Dremel, it gets messy. That's gonna take some time to cut.

You might want to PM or e-mail 64Thunderbolt. He does a lot of custom windows, and he could probably figure out something for you. Looking at his stuff, it seems pretty cool, I know CaptainSlug had a custom window done by him.

[/ad]

;)

-CPFitz-

Back