• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I hook one set of speakers to 2 computers??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Does anyone know of an adapter to allow me to hook 2 computer soundcards to one set of speakers? The reason is I have my two oldest kids computers on my Kvm switch both Mine and one have there own, but the third one has no speakers and rather than add another set to clutter up my desk further I would like to use the third one and one of the existing sets, is thet such a thing as a splitter or other option?

mamer

Well if you have an intigrated amp or something you could hook the sound card output to one of the amps inouts. If not, or you out of inputs on the amp. They sell Y-splitters for rca cables. Thing is you wouldn't want both signals going to 1 set of speakers at once, it would sound god-awfull. I have never tried merging 2 signals into 1, but you could try it. Rat Shack sells em.

I wouldn't be merging signals, I only allow them to fold while there all on but they aren't used at the same time for anything else though.

-mamer

I'm thinking of doing something similar. I have two computers and one set of speakrs (Boston Acoustics 4.1)

This is a quick pic of the setup i was thinking. I figured i'd get a splitter at radio shack, so basically two inputs to the speakers. I also have a Plantronics headset/speaker switch.

Think this would work ok?

Sorry, pic is coming, in a few hours....

sounds.jpg

Back