• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb 215 on A7N8X rev. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theone

Hello everyone,
This forum helped me a lot, so I decided to share some (hopefully) useful information. I have an Asus A7N8X rev. 2.0 with athlon 2500+ (default 11x166), these are my overclocking experiences:
I had a rev. 1.4 before and I could not get over fsb 180, than the bios died and I needed to return the mobo and they gave me rev. 2.0 instead. And what a surprise, now I can run 100% stable 11x200 or 10x215, the system boots to windows even with fsb 230 but I don't want to return my mobo again so I don't run it so :rolleyes:. I made some minor changes and one of them possibly allowed me to do this: I put fsb switch on 200 (default is 266/333), turned the cpu voltage to 1,725 and the Agp voltage to 1,6 (I read somewhere that this highers also the chipset voltage).
I need to say that I run the memory asynchronously on 300 because I have a prehistoric Kingmax DDR300. I'm desperately seeking some good DDR433, any suggestions? (please don't say Corsair - they are so expensive here..) As soon as I get one I'll post new synchronous results.
That's all, succesfull overclocking to everyone!

Back