• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i flash IT7 bios onto my BD7ii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rj2

Registered
hello.this could be a long post & hopefully some bios guru`s will answer.i have closely compared these 2 boards at abits website
i845E chipset on both.only hardware difference is it7 has firewire.
i have compared both boards bioses releases,and they are mirrors of each other,same updates to each board but different dates.there is only 1 difference i can find
bd7ii AJ bios-add svid:147b,ssid:7402
it7 A4 bios -add svid:147b,ssid 7406-that is a different value then the bd7ii aj bios of 7402.
the it7 DP bios gives 1.85 vcore & 2.8 vdimm.see where i`m goin.
i have looked thru each bios using modbin,and for all intentions they are the same bios.i have a bios savior which is the only reason i am thinking of tryin this.i renamed the it7dp bios to bd72_dp.bin.would this fool the program & not give me the error of incorrect bios for my board?what is the command line switch used to force a bios flash. f / or something else.in addition to my bd7ii bios,and the bios on the bios savior,i have a spare bios chip purchased from abit.if things were to go south during the attempted bios flash,is there any risk to the board or my OS,xp-pro,or would the damage be restricted to the bios chip.
perhaps this is way out there but thought i would post tihs to see what the feedback is
thnx

Some thoughts:
- Is it the same bios to the IT7E board as for the IT7?
This maybe could be something... (IT7E is even more like the BD7)
- If you're into modding bioses, why don't you just mod your BD7 bios to get higher vcore. If they are much alike, I guess that's one thing that aren't, and wouldn't be hard to find...
- Do the VID-pin mod...

One more thing... The IT7 uses another power supply on the motherboard than the BD7 as far as I know, that might bring you into trouble...

thnx for reply crotale.i havent looked at the it7e bios,i will tho.
modding the bios to unhide those settings is beyond me.when mr n & phanton punisher put out modded bd7ii bioses,they were unable to change the vcore within bios.it is obvious that the i845e chipset allows for more vcore & vdimm.i have went thru the .pdf of the intel i845e chipset specs & the higher vdimm,& vcore settings are there.the bd7ii does use the 2nd psu connector,the little 4 pin one if that is what you are thinking.as for the pin mod,yes i could do that,but it is cheaper hosing a bios chip than my mb,plus there still is no increased vdimm.i may just go ahead & try it 7 see what happens.thnx again

I know they've been working on getting bioses with more vcore options, without success... But that was before the new bioses, with more vcore... Therfor it struck me it would be too hard for a person with bios skills to compare the old one from the new one and see what diffrent things they've done.
What I meant with power supply was the onboard power regulation. The IT7 uses a 4-phase version, as for the BD7, I don't know...

One more thing you can test/compare are earlier bioses... The bios shipped with my IT7 allowed me up to 3.2V vdimm... Could be something you might wanna try...

thnx crotale.the bd7ii board does have the 4 phase power supply.abits website seems to be down right now,sill have to chack it out later

Back