• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S, A7N8X Deluxe, K7N2G-ILSR, which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade from my MSI K7N2G-ILSR due to the fact that I can't get that great of an overclock out of it (2.1 out of my 2500+). I have found a good deal on both the Abit NF7-S and the Asus A7N8T Deluxe as refurbs. This means there is a good change I will not end up with the 2.0 revision on either board, but I could get lucky. Would it be worth my time and money to go for one of these boards over my MSI K7N2G-ILSR which for those of you who do not know is a Nforce2 board as well? I just don't know what my best option is, because these are some good deals I found. Please post what you think I should do, either stick with the board I have, or go for either one of those other two and why. I have also thought of the Epox Nforce2 board, but if you think I should go that way I will need convincing, because I can't find a refurb of it. Maybe that is a good sign though? Thanks again.

The Abit NF7-S and the Epox 8RDA+ are both excellent overclockers, the best depends on who you ask.

The Asus is meant to be a heap of ****e, so I wouldn't go for that. If you can get an NF7-S cheaper than an 8RDA+, go for that. However, possibly someone who owns both could fill in with some more details about the differences.

I am wondering the same thing. I see the NF7-s for 80 bucks at newegg refurbs and the asus a7n8x for 65 bucks. And because I am gonna throw a 1700+ in it and it will be my 3rd gaming rig (I like to provide for those that cant bring systems to lans) I am headed towards the cheaper one. I have an A7V8X and a P4PE both from asus and I have had no problems with either of them. I have never had an abit board before so I dont know what to expect.

GO abit would be my pick sincei have one GREAT soundstorm =D plus its look sooo cool with burnt orange looking pcb

whatever you do dont buy a a7n8x, i owned 3 of them and they all suxed bad, the new nf7-s 2.0 owns all n2 boards right now

Back