• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Pro - great buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WuChild

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experiences with this board. My new system works great with it and I have an Athlon XP 2400+ running on it just fine, actually, so does my friend after I reccomended he buy the same setup when I saw the processor and mobo combo at Fry's for 119! (I about screamed because I paid full price a week before).

I've seen some negative posts about the board and ECS, which is pretty normal for a motherboard msg board. The only thing I could suggest is when you are bargain shopping, make sure you can easily get a refund or an exchange to make it worth your time and money.

Heck, I recently got an Abit NF7-m that looked like an awesome board, but after 10 hours of troubleshooting and such, I narrowed a lockup problem down to the motherboard itself being defective, so I suppose I should be on the Abit boards ranting and raving.... but I just exchanged it for another one.

Anyway, there is a whole message board dedicated to the K7S5A if you do a google search for 'k7s5a ezboard', lots of information there.

A simple easy board, that is well worth the bargain price in my opinion.

I would have to say no, this is not an overclock friendly board, the only thing you can do is OC the fsb speeds.

Back