• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend what 120mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
100CFM? get some earplugs to go with!

i don't know of any offhand with that high a cfm rating. check around newegg they have quite a few fans of all sizes. directron has several fans as well.

J.

Got two medium speed Panaflos. They were sold out of the H1A's which sucked, but he had a display model. Still very quiet. ANd just a touch above 100CFM I do believe. I'm waiting for him to get them back in stock

Mark Larson said:
Panaflo H1A (if you can find any)

Definately the Panaflo line! I have an H1 and a delta @86CFM and there about the same noise levels, but the Panaflo is at 100CFM! Plus the Panaflo has a better motor sound!

DoorBasher said:
If you're a die-hard air cooler (like me), you could try this Delta fan. 59 decibels, and it needs 3 amps on the +12v rail to start itself up. But it moves a whopping 190 CFMs!

thanks but that's too extreme.

I've got a couple panaflo FBA12G12H 120mm that i am willing to get rid of, they put out 103 cfm

What are you going to do with your case? Put it in a closet so you can hear your speakers? That noise level seems way out of hand for any setup to me. That is unless you are making a B-17 case mod then it would look great. :)

Ok I must be missing something here. I have always thought and been told that the bigger the fan the less noise for the same CFM. I have a 110volt AC 120mm fan as a top fan in my case pulling air out and it moves about 100 cfm and quieter then the other 5 80mm 12volt DC fans in my case. If you are wondering it came from radio shack. It says it only moves about 90 CFM but with it in the case and having a higher pressury in my case it is moving just over 100cfm.

Not tring to thread crap or anything but does anyone know of a really really quiet 120mm fan that is good for a radiator?

Actually, I have two Vantec 120mm Stealths, and while they're certainly not loud, there are definitely louder/better CFM fans out there. I can hear the Stealths over my Antec SL350 power supply fans. Definitely look at Panaflos, possibly 7 volting a high end Panaflo, as the 38mm depth on the Panaflos will enable better airflow, or a Papst, which are expensive but good.

The Panaflos at 7v is still a tad noisy. Never tried the Enermax adjustables though, they seem pretty good since you can adjust the speeds.

Back