• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how is my psu performing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I amusing setup as in sig....also I have one cdrom and 6 fans 1 is tornado 80mm and one is smartfan2 80mm and one has 4 blue leds rest are reg 80mm's 1 hardrive and one sound sensitive neon light.......mbm is readin as follows
+3.3 = 3.28
+5 = 4.97
+12 = 11.98
-12 = -12.03
-5 = -4.94

am I ok?

is that at full load or idle...if idle...run toast for about 10 to 15 minutes...I find that to really put a stress on the PSU and the CPU...and then see how your voltage is doing and post your load volts...

aight thanks :D...actually stunned my temps flew up since I brought this computer to my girls place...went from 43 to 46 so I am now skepticle to take it to it's full load just yet :D

just run toast for about 5 minutes or so then...that way the CPU wont get too hot...but will still put a load on the CPU...

sweet folding at same voltage at 100% load...but temps are 49!!!!!!!!! eek

Here's mine at idle...this is running a Tt420w and 1 80G Matxtor, 1 48x16x48 CD0RW and 1 52x CD-Rom...with AOHELL and Yahoo and 3 IE browsers running...running at 12.5x167...the 8KHA+ doesn't like to run past 171FSB...

voltage.JPG

Here it is at full load with both CD's running and transfering a 100+MB file while running toast...

load.JPG

treepop said:
sweet folding at same voltage at 100% load...but temps are 49!!!!!!!!! eek

Folding doesn't put as much of a load as running toast does on a PSU...try toast and see how your voltage drops ;)

I think sandra's burn in proggie would be fine wouldn't you think? I suppose I will try that for 5 min :Das I don't have toast and am curren;ty at girls place using dial up :(

either or...both are going to put a good load on the CPU...go with high...that way you can test the stability of the CPU at the same time...but using high will slow everything else down big time...

ok WOWSAS! 52 c thats insane!....I am used to my computer running at 32 lol this is nuts I gata reseat this baby and turn my fans up!.....or my voltage down...heh anywho yeah first time I was multi tasking at high priority and crashed my computer hehe....but I restarted and left it alone and it got hot but was stable and so where my voltages:D so are they good at full load?.....I gata get some watercooling you can see my setup in my sig :D...it's nice but I think I gata do something drastic if I am gunna run my fans this low and at 2.3 full time :D

hmmmmmm...should I return this psu....I think I should get a multimeter before jumping to conclussions heh..since I here mbm aint the greatest way to tell what voltages your getting

if they are staying pretty much like you posted above...or close to mine...then I wouldn't worry about the PSU...

Thats what I love about toast...if your system can do a few hours of toast at high, then you are pretty rock stable...

gotta love the devil pic on it also...I am sure you know the reason behind it now after you ran it just for a few minutes...lol...

I use distributed.net to load the CPU and Fear Factor to load the GPU.
I am running the following on a stock Dell 250w PSU(the Britney Spears of PSUs):
Pentium 4 2.4GHz w/ 533MHz FSB
Dell mobo
640MB DDR333 SDRAM
2 60GB 7200RPM HDs
GeForce 4 MX 420 w/ 64MB RAM
48x24x48x CD-RW
16x DVD-ROM
PCTV Pro
Voltages(measured using DMM with Fear Factor(to load the GPU) and distributed.net(to load the CPU) running):
12v: 11.99
5v: 5.02
3.3v: 3.30
Besides the rails being almost perfect, the PSU is very quiet(I cannot hear it over the CPU fan(which is very quiet, too)), so I think the Dell PSU is a modified Antec Truepower(it is WTX instead of ATX(I have heard some rumors that a 250w Dell PSU is a relabeled Antec Truepower 330w)).

Back