• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't post newly installed Kt-400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBRONCFAN

Registered
Building PC for my sis, very similar to the one in my sig below. Black Ultra Kt-400, AMDXP2100+, Antec case w/antec psu, 512mb Crucial RAM, Gainward GeoForce 128mb card w/8x AGP. Go to power up, psu lights up, all fans come on, CD's/hard drive come on but no video and I get long beeps. Like one long beep, than a 10 second pause, then another long beep. Manual says check the vid card and memory to make sure they are seated properly and I did that. I reset the CMOS, still nada. Anything else I might be missing?

Yes, I used the standoff washers. I also just swapped out the Crucial with the Samsung that is working in my rig and still the same result, long beeps. I guess I got to pop out the mobo and see if it will post......eeeeghhh, this outta be fun!

Well, just tried to boot up with mobo out of case and lying on a piece of cardboard, same results.

Mine does the same thing when I push the fsb to far. When i looked up what the bios beeps are supost to mean it says its a ram problem. For me all i had to do was step back my FSB and no problems.

I had the same problem with my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum Kt-400. I fixed it by increasing the speed of the CPU fan. The motherboard asume that the CPU fan is broken if it operates on too low speed. Now it works fine.

"I had the same problem with my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum Kt-400. I fixed it by increasing the speed of the CPU fan. The motherboard asume that the CPU fan is broken if it operates on too low speed. Now it works fine."

"Mine does the same thing when I push the fsb to far. When i looked up what the bios beeps are supost to mean it says its a ram problem. For me all i had to do was step back my FSB and no problems."

Guys.......no post means no bios. MOBO won't even power up without the CPUFAN1 plugged in which I stated earlier, system powers up except no video and long beeps.

Check your cables for the power supply as well as the connectors you are using for 3-PIN CPU fans. The Fan monitor is ON by default so you have to make sure you are on the right pinset for it. IF you have a speed resistor in between, that will cause this issue as well.

Last thing, is replace video card with the one from your system.

not sure if this will help, but had same issue with a SOYO KT400 Dragon Lite...

First time I put it together, no POST...I swapped out the video card and slid the locking clip for the AGP card and it posted right up. Don't remember seeing anything about having to do that, but if I boot without sliding the clip all the way, it won't post.

Good luck...

when you post hold down the insert key hard like your life depends on it ,should get you into bios, might have gotten an rma board with screwed up settings pull the battery sometimes you need to leave it out to reset the cmos maybe 10 min,also some of the 8x vid cards are not jiving with the 8x agp mobos,plus the famous reinsert agp card 20 times till it posts syndrome,been there.

Back