• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tim974

This kid I know just bought a barebones system from ebay -- Cel 1.7, ASRock motherboard, cool case, pre-installed.(new)

He also bought a Maxtor 40 GB Hdd from EBay(new) and RAM.

No matter what I get "Boot Record from Floppy... Not Found"
"Boot Record from CD-ROM... Not Found"
"Boot Record from IDE-0.... Not Found"
unless I put in my own HDD then it says "Boot Record from IDE-0... OK" but nothing happens.

Its running PC1600 DDR RAM, 2 256 Samsungs. I know its crappy, but we're not spending anymore money. I replaced the PS, because that shipped with problems. Please reply ASAP, all help will be appreciated

Tim

go into the bios and detect the hd there. you can't just install it and expect it to work.

the reason your hd won't go any farther is most likely because it has an OS on it that is setup for a completely different system. anytime you change mobos you need to reformat and reinstall the OS otherwise your just asking for problems.

It reads the HDD. The HDD is new, thus it has nothing on it. I cannot format because it wont boot to a disk or a floppy. It did once on the win2k cd but said "Reformat failed"

Back