• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ unstable at ~ 185 fsb or higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

Ok first off I've got an 8rda+ 1.1 (don't know the stepping) using corsair twin xms 3200 and I'm able to post with 190mhz fsb or 200mhz fsb BUT the system almost never makes it to completely booting up to windows 2k and when it does if I run 3dmark or anything intensive it crashes.

Now I'm using water cooling for cpu, active air cooling for northbridge, and passive cooling for southbridge and mosfets. With all this I would I expect to make 200mhz fsb no problem. The only thing I haven't done yet is try the vdd mod which I'm hoping might be the problem. Could lack of voltage for the northbridge be the problem because it's certainly not a heat issue as I even lapped the northbridge before using the cooling. and my system temps even under high load almost never go over 30 C.

what ram are you using? how many sticks? try different slots and just single channel

i have one stick of mushkin blue pc3200, i couldn't get much above 190 on my slot furthest from the cpu, now i have it in the middle slot and does a bit over 200, no mods on the board at all

Back