• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Death of the Dragon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok today I finaly said I'm doign the volt mod. Well seeing as how so far this hasnt been my week I should've left it alone. Needless to say the 7 pin on my HIP 6301 fell off. So now I'm looking for a NForce2 board. I want something with PCI and AGP lock and a Vcore of no less then 2.0 also dual channel DDR would be nice. Also would be willing to get a Intel board if it's a good one.

It has proven to be very stable at very high FSB speeds, and It has all of the option you are looking for...including PCI/AGP lock, chipset voltage, and the rest of the works. It also has onboard sound that rivals the Audigy2 sound chipset, which is a nice option if you are running anything less. I have had my board for like 2 months now, and I have not had to reset the CMOS yet (shows the stability) and so far I am very pleased...more so that I have ever been with any other board.

The Abit I am refering to was known for BIOS corruption, but the Revision 2 fixed that, and the new BIOS fixed it's compatibility issue with Kingston HyperX PC3500.

Also, adding onto what he said, it is also the only board I can think of where you get so many options and extras for such a low price. The only board being the Epox 8RDA+, which is about the same in a sense.

bafbrian said:
for such a low price.

Price really isn't a prob. I just want a board that looks good and is very stable. So far with looking around the net I found a Chaintech Zenith for $79 and thats the one I'm thinking about getting.

I'm not too sure if the Chaintech offers the PCI/AGP lock...but I know the MSI doesn't I would stay away from the lower end nForce2 boards since they don't offer all the options that the Abit and the EPoX offer. I'm sure the Chaintech is a great board, but for $120 the Abit is a much better buy.

I know the chaintech has an AGP lock and the FSB can hit 250. Has a vcore of 2.15, vdimm of 3.0 and a AGP voltage of 2.0. Not to worried about on board sound cause I'll be using my Audigy and don't need on board video cause of mt GF4 ti4600. Now with all that can you tell me why I would want to spend $41 more and get the Abit.

If those are the spec's for the Chaintech...then go for it. I just was suggesting the NF7-S over the other nForce2 mobo because I have testimony to their performance. I haven't heard much about the Chaintech board, but it sounds pretty nice. If you do get it, be sure to tell us how it performs.

well ive heard of many dead chaintechs latley.
other than that it seems to be a good ocing mobo.
but consider a few things first.
1.how many people in forums i use have this mobo and can help me?
2.what does the company do as far as support and bios revisions.

i think you would be happy with a chaintech mobo.im happy with my nf7-s rev2. but its not flawless.
i still have issues over 2.06vcore not wanting to boot.
but id consider my mobo as hardcore as they come :D

also keep an eye out on the new 8rda3+
i didnt like the original 8rda as it needed vdd mods.but with a little extra cooling this might be the first mobo to outrun the nf7-s

also the kt600 is a month or so away also.

deathstar13 said:
well ive heard of many dead chaintechs latley.

Is that cause of the diode next to the lug cause if so not a worry here I don't use the lugs on the socket anyways. However if this is not the reason please tell me.

i think that might have been the issue i was hearing.
ive read most owners do like thier chaintechs.might be worth a try.im just sold on abit and epox at the moment and want to try a 8rda3+

Back