• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt Subzero4g, Tt Aquarius2, Koolance case or something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I am looking to cool my computer a bit more than it is now, but the main thing I am thinking about is quiet. I would love a really cool setup, but quiet is key because I need to have it quiet for college. That being said, would I be better off going for one of these products or something else. I am also thinking of that Koolance case because I would need a new case anyway and that could be a good solution, but I was dismayed when in the video review it sounded like the Aquarius2 got the same or better temps, and is cooler and cheaper. Therefore, what is my best option? I haven't ruled out building one from scratch, but I am a newbie and I would need suggestions on that one. I guess that is about it for me, thanks again in advance for your opinions and help.

Also if possible, tell me which you like better, the Subzero4g or the aquarius2 since they cost about the same. I am not sure how they really compare though because the temp in the video review was from two very different processors. Also, what are those temps in the video reviews if you have seen them, are they the socket temp or are they the on-die temps? If it is on-die, then we really will have something to talk about!

hmm......I wouldn't go with any of those personally.

If you want quiet, I'd go with a good www.dangerden.com kit.

As for a new case, well it's up to you, but I would suggest a cheiftec/antec/chenming case.

sandman001 said:
hmm......I wouldn't go with any of those personally.

If you want quiet, I'd go with a good www.dangerden.com kit.

As for a new case, well it's up to you, but I would suggest a cheiftec/antec/chenming case.

That's what I was thinking case wise. I am just a bit afraid to go build one because I am new to it, but I may end up doing that. Watercooling doesn't look to hard, I just have to do some reading. I would LOVE to do a peltier setup, but I think that is above me for now. How hard are those to set up, any idea?

As long as you have competant hands, and confidence in yourself, you can setup a watercooling system.

Just do lots of reading on it. When you know what you want to do, take the proper steps to set it up. Measure tubing correctly, make sure you have good hose clamps (I only use metal) and the right parts for the right job

Most importantly take your time. Haste is the bane of all existance

Neco said:
As long as you have competant hands, and confidence in yourself, you can setup a watercooling system.

Just do lots of reading on it. When you know what you want to do, take the proper steps to set it up. Measure tubing correctly, make sure you have good hose clamps (I only use metal) and the right parts for the right job

Most importantly take your time. Haste is the bane of all existance

Very good, thank you for that post. Do you know of any good websites to read up on watercooling, or good places to buy parts from? Also, how quiet is a good system that is home built on average and how well will it cool. Hard questions to answer, I know because it depends, but give it your best shot!

There are literally tons of places to read up on cooling.

Your best bet is to type in "Watercooling FAQ" or something things in the form of questions like "how do I watercool my computer?" at google.com or something

I know fits have been thrown in the past about linking to other places (competition claus or some reason) so I'd rather not post any links.

As for buying parts, both www.dtekcustoms.com and www.dangerden.com sell good parts. You're probably looking to spend a minimum of $200 for good parts.

I'm not comfortable handing out quotes on performances, as I really don't know what the average would be. It's sort of a personal prefference thing. The first thing you should look at is how much noise is acceptable to you. After that is out of the way, examine the performance of the system. If you don't get crashes or overheating problems, you're in the right spot.

Generally a low speed 120mm fan on a radiator will work just fine, and will more often than not, be one of the most quiet parts of the setup.

Back