• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc???? DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekall

I have a stick of 512 DDR that I bought about a year ago from compusa. I think its pc2100 but im not sure. I never thought twice about it until now because im starting to get into overclocking. I have tried everything from going over the stick with a magnifying glass to d/l mem diagnostic programs, system info programs, sisoftware Sandra and so on. I cant figure out what the hell type of mem this is. Every thing just tells me is 512 ddr. I already know that. Any ideas on how to find out what type it is???

Download a program called CPU-Z. That will tell you what your RAM is if you use the memory tab. Here is an example of what info the program gives you.

2400C-cpuz-mem.jpg

PIP, your right. 2100. I knew I was missing something. I don’t know why CPU-Z did not come up in my search for programs. Any way thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated!!

ekall said:
PIP, your right. 2100. I knew I was missing something. I don’t know why CPU-Z did not come up in my search for programs. Any way thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated!!

well if the bandwidth was 2100 it could still be pc2700, if it's running with high enough timings, could you tell me what chipset your using?

VIA Apollo Kt266/A,Kt333. CPU-Z tells me the freq. is 266.5. I thought that was pc 2100. I may be wrong. Forgive me, im not to informed on memory yet.

Back