• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does your NF7 take long to load into windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acclu97

Registered
I used to have an MSI board that would boot up and load into windows much faster than this board. Anyone else having the same problem?

My NF7-S boots into windows quite fast as compared to my KX7-333R, I am also used to waiting for the Raid to initialize. So mine boots into windows fast, yes.

The SG SATA setup screen takes almost half the boot time. Shorten that to say three seconds or less and you should boot much faster.

If you're up 24/7, boot times don't really matter :D

Weird...It takes me 35 seconds from the moment I hit the power button to the time I am in windows. I have sata disabled so it doesnt show that screen whne it boots, it just seems as if post screen you get before it starts loading windows takes lnog. Also, after it loads windows (that little things that scrolls left to right), there is a ppause for about 10 seconds and then I am finally in windows?????

I had the same problem and I did 2 things to help:

1) I don't use NVidia SW IDE driver.
2) In device manager, I set vacant IDE Device Type to 'none' under the Primary and Secondary IDE Channel properties.

Now, after the SATA bios post, it takes WinXP about 5-8 seonds to get to user screen (if I clean up Windows prefetch files).

Do you mind being a little more specific? I am using my hard drive directly from the IDE connection, I am not using raid or the serillel connector. Would it still be ok for me ro disable uninstall the nvidia ide driver. Also, under the device manager tab, under ide and primary/second channel, I dont have any options for "vacant IDE Device Type." ????

Thanks

1) I remember seeing a thread in here that shows how to remove SW IDE driver. It's probably very simple but since I've never installed it, I don't know about removing it. I've read that this driver turns your IDE devices into SCSI devices. Some folks have slow booting like you while others have problem with CD burners. Without it, those folks are getting same benchmark scores.

2) For example, if you don't have an IDE device in Primary slave, then go to properties of Primary IDE Channel, Advanced Settings, Device 1, Device Type, set it to 'none'. Do the same for Secondary IDE Channel.

Let me know if you need more information.

Back