• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

History of Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsquared_uk

I was just wondering - what's the story of the history of this team? Was it one of the first, or did it rise through the ranks or what? Have [H] always been ahead of us? Did OCAU fly past one day? Have we had 'dark ages' where we slipped down the ranks?

Just thought it'd be interesting to find out!

I'm assuming that Team 32 came on pretty early because they are team 32 not team 3000.

Well, if I remember right i think it may have been when i juststarted on o/c (sept 2002) or earlier, we were ahead of OCAU, so we were in 2nd place....coz i think it may have been someone on this board who had a pic of themselves w/flames in there eyes saying "why am i mad? because we arent in 2nd place" or something like that....

Thats all i remember...:)

Rage3D used to be some competition for us, I think, then they dropped down and we got pwned by Aussies :(

xsquared_uk said:
Goddamn it, is there anything I can post that hasn't been posted before...? ;)

Probably not...unless it pertains to something new and exciting...questions about the "History" of something are bound to have been asked in the past...
Thanks for bringing it back up tho, as I am sure there are alot of members who do not know and have found the answer to be informative and interesting... ;)

Go Team 32 :D

I was here when the aussies took 2nd place. There was a a lot of talk and recuiting going on. I even ran fah for a couple months then I did a clean install and didnt put fah back on that rig. To think I wasted almost a yr of folding time. well I'm going to do everything I can to make up for it. I pledge 2 more rigs before the end of next week

Folding On

Tis

We're going to hold you up to that promise Tismedt ;)

Bubbajump i dont think we were ever in 2nd place or at least since i been folding, just over a year now. About a year ago we were in a heated race to stay in third place. Rage3d was gaining on us quickly and it looked like certain doom for us when suddenly they lost How??? (their biggest producer, and the largest producer within the whole project at the time). They quickly lost pace and couldnt keep up. Ever since than we been trying to catch OCAU.

I remember it was around July 02 because i left for 2 weeks to Utah thinking for certain we would drop down to 4th place when i got back. Statsman reported alittle over a week before they would catch us. When i got back i was simply astonished by the fact they lost How???

We got out of the chute first with version 2.0. Our team size kept us on top until [H] got it together and their sheer numbers took over. OCUA had Norgs and some high school that shot them past us and since then third has been ours. If we had been able to ramp up against the present leaders the way we have lately we would still own 1st place.

My pledge is good. I have a k7s5a on the way from newegg and a xp2000 pali waiting in the drawer. I also have a 8kha+ that needs a bios chip and another member here is sending me one from a dead board. For that mobo I have brand new 1700 tbred and 256mg xms3200c2 that should OC nicely. I need them both because CP is listed as my only threat and I want to leave him/her in the dust.

My records go back to the day after FAH2 started on Oct 19th 2001 and OCAU was in 8th place. It took exactly 10 days for OCAU to reach No1 on 29th October by displacing oc.com into 2nd place, we held 1st until 7th March last year when the [H]orde came marching past. It took until the 12th of June 2002 for OCAU retake first again, but that did last long and the [H]orde have been in first place since the 21st of June 2002.

Just for the record...;)

Last edited:
That's interesting, I always assumed the [H] must have ramped quicker than everyone else and we'd always been playing catch up - I didn't realise that OCAU are the original foe! ;)

well once upon a time back in the version 1 days we were in fifth in the world....

enter version 2...yes we started the switch before anyone else, giving us the advantage.

WE WERE NUMBER 1 AT THAT TIME

then the other team cough[H]cough switched over from 1.0 and they flew past us.

then yes the aussies had some pretty big folders when they passed us.

but i do believe we will preveal..."I had a dream last night, a dream to which we were on top and the rest of the world was chasing us"

:D scoobiedoo

Bollock[COLOR=white]s[/COLOR] said:
My records go back to the day after FAH2 started on Oct 19th 2001 and OCAU was in 8th place. It took exactly 10 days for OCAU to reach No1 on 29th October by displacing oc.com into 2nd place, we held 1st until 7th March last year when the [H]orde came marching past. It took until the 12th of June 2002 for OCAU retake first again, but that did last long and the [H]orde have been in first place since the 21st of June 2002.

Just for the record...;)

That's a load of Bollocks :)

(Bollocks is a mod over at OCAU.)

Nice to see you here. Good luck pwning [H], but make sure to check your rear mirror on occasion, you never know ;)

gtsimmo said:

Bubbajump i dont think we were ever in 2nd place or at least since i been folding, just over a year now. About a year ago we were in a heated race to stay in third place. Rage3d was gaining on us quickly and it looked like certain doom for us when suddenly they lost How??? (their biggest producer, and the largest producer within the whole project at the time). They quickly lost pace and couldnt keep up. Ever since than we been trying to catch OCAU.

Okay, enough with giving me nicks, none of you know that I like to jump...at least shouldn't ;) j/k. But see? Read the thread last few posts of this thread and thanks to an Aussie and scoob that we were once in 2nd :)

Wow, i remember that thread so i think i joined this team (according to my post in "new members post here" id say about 3 weeks after i joined o/c :D

I joined fairly early into ver 2. When I joined OCAU was in first and we were second. They were outproducing us slightly, but the difference in points and production was only around 10%. I think I noticed [H] when they were down in 5th place or so and started outproducing everyone. They shot up to third very quickly and eventually passed us to move into second. They were also gaining fast on ocau, but as soon as they got close ocau's production jumped to match [H]. They two of them battled neck-and-neck for several months, it was quite impressive. Eventually ocau faded or [H] continued to grow because [H] built the substantial lead they now have. Bollock's dates sound about right, but they don't do justice to the monumental fight between ocau and [H] for first place.

SBs

Back