• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Xaser III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

what do you guys think of the Xaser III V2000A? im planning on getting this case for my new rig. How is the sound ? is it noise or quiet? i like the idea of having the ide drives facing you and not the inside of the case. It is way more convienient.. and maybe the toolless pci clips rnt the greatest, but aside from that. is it worth $270 Canadian? ($195 USD) well do you guys see anythign else wrong with the case which would justify me not getting it? ive read the reviews.. and just want your opinion on it aswell. And the blue LED's will not bother me. =) lol

raven

Enerman has some cases out that have the ide drives facing out. They are like 75 bucks, compared to this ones 195.

new ps if i get a thermaltake with the 7 fans?

is it hard to hook up all those fans to the PS? i have read that is case is very heavy, and som1 said that their ti4200 didnt fit into the pci slot or something, but it looks sweet and im thinking about getting it as soon as i find out about the Power Supply deal, also, will i need more than like 350 watts?

first of all, the case is not heavy.. well atleast the V2000 isnt because it is completely made out of alluminum, unlike the blue and black version where only the swing door is alluminum, where the rest is steel or something. go to the site. they have the prices there! www.thermaltake.com
i havent figured out how to hook up all those fans, but atleast with the motherboard im planning on getting ( gigabyte 8knxp non ultra ) it comes with 3 fan pin headers ) plus it has that temp controler, so it has to ebable to run all 7 fans atleast somehow...

about the more then 350 watts, i think it really depends on what your gona be writting.. i think there is a sticky in this sectino about "will a xxx powersupply run this?" you might want to check that out..

raven

I dont know why im not gettin the blue one... i really still havent decided. But going for that it is lighter. I think that is the only advantage over the others. I dont know.. im gettin my new rig in July, so it was what i put down on my specing/pricing sheet. i might change my mind and go with the blue. I have seen the blue one. Its not too bright, and its not too dull either. I woudlnt mind it as a case. But then again, i dont know much about case colouring..

raven

The Xaser III, despite being partially aluminum, is quite heavy. The door especially weighs a lot.

I had the misfortune of working on one of these a few days ago. The fans hardly create any airflow after sucking through the small case holes, plastic guards and filters. The presence of six (or is it seven?) of them throughout the case creates a huge cable mess, and the wiring for the top usb thingy doesn't help. There's also a load of cheap plastic parts throughout the case that look like crap and do nothing but get in your way.

For $160, you can get a much better case.

looks like a nice case. They don't overcharge for it either really. cost this much to equal it.

Chiftec 75
Vantec NXP-201 30
(3) Panaflow 30
Thermalright SLK 31
Total is 166

Last edited:
Back