• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is wrong...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

this is my first time trying to do this foldin business, so i really need help... my folding seems to be realllly slow or somethin.. check out this screenshot.

foldin.jpg

1. i set up kdfold so it should be monitoring my main rig while it folds
2. i start the FAH2console.exe with -advmethods

did i do everything correctly? the kdfold screen doesnt even update at all... i really want to start foldin

I'd say let it complete a frame first then report back.

Give it about 20 minutes to be safe, then it should start moving.

oh, hey, it already started working ahaha.. it seemed to start a lot faster than before though, but ok, my bad :) .. ok, a few more questions..

1. what do i add to fah3console.exe to make it hidden?
2. is there a stats page for team 32 where my name might appear? and if so, how long does it take to update?
3. do you recommend kdfold for monitoring, or somethin else?

OLMI said:
2. is there a stats page for team 32 where my name might appear? and if so, how long does it take to update?

The folding.stanford.edu stats page (about 20 minutes) updates quicker than the extremeoverclocking stat page. (every 3 hours) Also the extremeoverclocking stats page is more detailed.

aweome..

do i have the whole protein completed to be seen anywhere on the stats pages?

what do you guys use to monitor your folding?

OLMI said:
aweome..

do i have the whole protein completed to be seen anywhere on the stats pages?

what do you guys use to monitor your folding?

Yes, when you finish the protein it uploads the results to the servers which then display your stats. I use Electron Miscroscope III. It's easy to use, and monitors other systems over the LAN also.

I use EMIII aswell, monitoring 2 other pc's over the lan including mine.

OLMI said:
will i lose my work if i close both of these programs to switch to EMIII?

You shouldn't.

I did it recently and didn't loose any work.

ok, well i switched to EMIII, but now i have a new problem...

after completing a frame, which noticably takes less time to complete, it sticks at 100%, and then after a while, gives me a "time per frame problem" message on the computer thing by the progress bar...

tpferror.jpg

I never seen that before, I'd just let it run and see if it can correct itself in around 20 minutes.

BTW how long does it normally take you to complete frames?

i unchecked some option, (use 2.5 second interval instead of default 5 seconds), and it started workin again.. that or it just fixed itself somehow...

it says the time per frame is about 12 minutes, how is that?... i guess before when it was really fast the progress bar got messed up or something..

It gave you that problem because of the estimated frame times(41 seconds). After it completes a frame and it can give you the correct frame times, it will return to normal. That happens every time I get a 53.3 point gromacs. It originally says the frame time is like 36 seconds then after it finishes the first frame it goes back to normal.

ya, that's what i was thinkin after it seemed to fix itself, something with a timing problem making the progress bar look fast..

how long does it take you guys to complete frames?

For a 543 like in your picture, my 2400+ averages around 5:52 a frame and my 2100+ averages around 5:30 per frame.

Back