• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me or does Nvidia need to keep their mouth shut for a while?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
ALl these acusations within the last 2 weeks...when people were saying the FX was the dooms day of Nvidia i pretty much told them to shut up. BUt they are really digging themselves deeper and deeper

I still love NVIDIA, they're a great company that makes great cards. I'd take the 5900 over any ATi available now, ATi is a crappy company, I hate my 9700 Pro, in a simple game like Half-Life my G3 beats it in quality, when i'm in-game I get this huge blurry line horizantally that distorts everything, plus many other things that their drivers haven't fixed.. NVDIA is a great company and i'm embarrassed I went with ATi on my last upgrade. Sure NVIDIA has messed up, but i'm sure they'll be back on top in no time. Then you'll all be complaining about ATi once again.

the clock speeds are there but the performance isn't! they just should have worked on the bios and drivers somemore before releaseing the card. but i guess they were in a no win situation. ati was killing them in sales with the 9500/9700 pro line and they had to get the cards out or take prettymutch a total loss on the devlopment. thats just my thoughts and this driver scam just bites!

:mad:

Kilomph said:
I still love NVIDIA, they're a great company that makes great cards. I'd take the 5900 over any ATi available now, ATi is a crappy company, I hate my 9700 Pro, in a simple game like Half-Life my G3 beats it in quality, when i'm in-game I get this huge blurry line horizantally that distorts everything, plus many other things that their drivers haven't fixed.. NVDIA is a great company and i'm embarrassed I went with ATi on my last upgrade. Sure NVIDIA has messed up, but i'm sure they'll be back on top in no time. Then you'll all be complaining about ATi once again.

How about giving me that utterly disgusting 9700Pro then? I'll make sure to give it a disposal fitting of something so foul and wicked. :cool:

No way dude, he posted first - he has first dibs.

I think this nvidia situation is kinda "damned if you do damned if you don't". They cheated and it's obvious, Im surprised they didn't know they would get caught and have a statement ready for when it happened.

So they can so they didn't do it and everyone will know they are lying. They can say they did it because even though there card is competative with the 9800 the real 3dmark score makes it look pretty bad in comparison (read tell the truth) BUT they already came out and blasted 3dmark and said things like synthetic benchmarks force companies to waste time optimizing their drivers for the benchmark instead of spending that time optimizing for real games.

Or they can do what they did, say pretty much nothing. Their comment didn't say whether they did or didn't do it but gave a reason why they might have and once again blasted 3dmark by saying that paying to be a beta partner for 3dmark was a waste of money.

Even though Nvidia cheating is a big topic of discussion among the geek world most people know nothing about it. Companies like Dell will be well aware of the situation but their customers will still demand Nvidia cards in their machines (Nvidia being a bigger/more well known name then ATi). I think they are just sticking their heads down in a hole and waiting for the storm to pass hoping that all will be forgotten.

Last edited:
Beast Of Blight said:
Who, what.

Me?

ARE YOU CALLING ME A SHE?!

I'M A GUY DAMN YOU!

LMAO :p

And a double LMAO to this.

Originally posted by Kilomph

Well if you do want to unload your p.o.s. 9700 Pro let me know I'll take it off your hands :p

Sorry Beast of Blight, fixed it up... but I think that's the second time I called you a she in the past week or so. There was a thread in which everyone kept calling some person a he and it turned out to be a girl (she hinted it several times and then finally said in big bold letters "Im a Girl", I thought it was you...must have had a similar avatar or something.

I don't think your a biker just because you have a motorbike in your avatar, Don't call me a girl because I have my favourite anime in my avatar! :mad:

Anyways, Back to topic :p:p:p

severian has just posted a response to one of my post that is pretty interesting.

telling why the ti 4200 is beting the fx 6500 in 3dmark 2001 se and the fx 5600 is faster in 3dmark 2003.

the ti 4200's pipelined arcitecture is desighned for simpler rendering making it faster in the 2001 benchmarch becuase 2001 only has one comlpex rendering bench the nature test(wich the fx domonates while the ti 4200 takes the cake in the others.

and in 2003 the first test is a simple render were the ti leads and in the rest of the tests that are using complex redering the fx is dominate.

so as new games come out like doom3 and others that are using more complex rendering the fx will have the advantage. it might not be a 9700 pro. but i think after nvidia gets it's head out of it's @$$ and focus on real world games we will se a big improvment.

check out the poast!
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198017

must admit, this whole farce with their drivers and futuremark does make me suspicious. I can see no reason for Futuremark to sabotage Nvidias reputation which would lead me to believe that Nvidia are abeing a little underhanded.

Ultimately we only have hear-say to go by, but Nvidia will have a little work to do to regain their reputation - at least as far as I'm concerned.

walldow said:
ati was killing them in sales with the 9500/9700 pro line

ATi beating NVIDIA in sales? No. Not by very, very far. NVIDIA's losses seem to be greatly exaggerated... remember that these high-end (FX5800, R9700/9800) cards represent what, 2% of the market? Maybe a bit more? NVIDIA has a solid name-brand reputation, undeserved or not, and it probably won't change for quite a while.

walldow said:
severian has just posted a response to one of my post that is pretty interesting.

telling why the ti 4200 is beting the fx 6500 in 3dmark 2001 se and the fx 5600 is faster in 3dmark 2003.

the ti 4200's pipelined arcitecture is desighned for simpler rendering making it faster in the 2001 benchmarch becuase 2001 only has one comlpex rendering bench the nature test(wich the fx domonates while the ti 4200 takes the cake in the others.

and in 2003 the first test is a simple render were the ti leads and in the rest of the tests that are using complex redering the fx is dominate.

so as new games come out like doom3 and others that are using more complex rendering the fx will have the advantage. it might not be a 9700 pro. but i think after nvidia gets it's head out of it's @$$ and focus on real world games we will se a big improvment.

check out the poast!
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198017

Is that the cause or is it because the Ti4200 can't complete the DX9 tests in 2k3?

I'd like to see some DIII bench marks of the 2 cards.

You think Carmack/ID would optimize DIII for FX cards and not so well for GF4 cards to help NV sell cards?

OC Noob said:

Is that the cause or is it because the Ti4200 can't complete the DX9 tests in 2k3?

I'd like to see some DIII bench marks of the 2 cards.

You think Carmack/ID would optimize DIII for FX cards and not so well for GF4 cards to help NV sell cards?

I don't know about the FX/GF4 thing but I do think he's so bitter over the ATI/Doom3 leak that Doom3 will probably run better on nVidia cards. And if thats the case I simply wont pay for it :rolleyes:

Back